Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,757   Online: 963

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    PKM-25 ditto a hundred times over...stop going to buy stupid garbage starbucks coffee and support film!!
    best,peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Kodak still Film = Kodak Alaris
    Kodak Motion Picture Film = Eastman Kodak
    The price increase for Motion Picture product does not affect the still films sold under the Kodak Alaris banner in any way.
    If EK dies then KA goes with it they are Siamese twins, one will get gangrene 24 hours after the other dies?
    Kodak does not care about the little guy because Kodak does not have the little guy as a customer, they have big corporations as customers some small producers, a few artists and Students. And despite their financial troubles Kodak does care a lot about the Students and the little guy Artist they receive amongst other things price discounts, EK sponsors several activities related to Student and Art films etc... EK is also the company that makes still film for Kodak Alaris. Eastman Kodak can not care about the little amateur or pro-photographer because they don't deal with them in any way except maybe a few feet of Double-X but that's it. So complaining about EK being bad because they don't care about the photo enthusiast is just BS
    Don't agree even with that, even if that is kodaks management perspective - Kodak is totally dependent upon both the cine people and the happy snapper people, it is not dependent upon us, e.g. finr art, pros or street, etc. it is totally dependent upon the happy snapper, i.e, not buying green boxes, or reboxed Fuji. Which they are doing in the UK cause of a 2-3 x £ {$} differential. Tell me you would pay x3 times for holiday shots...
    If you want new films from Kodak Alaris buy Kodak Alaris film and try to get Kodak Alaris to introduce new films which is unlikely imo. If you want to ressurect old still films contact Kodak Alaris they might be willing to do so if you and about 10 000+ friends would be willing to buy a few hundred rolls of the film and that every year.
    I do not buy Kodak still fill, do you think I'm a lunatic, Kodak cine is 1/4 the price of still? I'm not going to subsidise (pay the salaries of) Kodak's bloated management structure, I'd prefer to see then unemployed, this is a free market. I buy the cheapest film I can use.
    Our happy snappers (and street people) are buying rebadged Fuji cause it is 1/3 the price of Kodak.
    Kodak lost the plot 40 years ago, they did not recognise their lunch was about to be eaten by Fuji.
    WiKi says later than that but that is not what my Kodak insiders told me in 1980... they needed to change before 1980...
    Management divorced from all reality, not recognising (all) the family(ies) going on holiday needed to buy a yellow box rather then a green one..

Noel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think your "happy snappers" are using a completely different technology, at this point.
    I'm not ready to bury, or praise, Kodak yet. While I usually use Ilford, I'd like to see how Alaris responds to their market before swearing Kodak off altogether. My next film order will certainly include some Kodak film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    Wow, Alaris learned well from its "parent." After Kodak had such success with Perez, an HP executive lacking any background in film, Alaris decided to go with Gerbershagen, a Motorola executive lacking any background in film. Good luck with that!
    Last edited by Sal Santamaura; 02-16-2014 at 06:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I think your "happy snappers" are using a completely different technology, at this point.
    I'm not ready to bury, or praise, Kodak yet. While I usually use Ilford, I'd like to see how Alaris responds to their market before swearing Kodak off altogether. My next film order will certainly include some Kodak film.
    Yes 99.97% are using cam phones, but it is the 0.03% residual that is buying the cheap rebranded Fiji, and ignoring the more expensive Kodak, they are keeping the remaining few mini labs in our holiday towns busy. The 0.03 residual buy more films than us on APUG.
    Since 1970 Fuji have been better placed than Kodak.

It is a simple test how many cameras did the USA make after WWII, how many cameras did Ja make since WWII.

Today the Ja are not worried about the USA but another Asian country...

You have just confessed to using Ilford, does that not compromise your posture, i.e. do as I say not as I do.

Noel

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Then just move on, none of this Kodak bashing helps anyone, not you and certainly not me, it's inconsiderate of other's wants and needs and I am SICK of it!!!

60 posts ago, for what ever reason and after over a YEAR, "Benjiboy" resurrected this thread and now it is back to the same old Kodak Bashing, post after post after post, DAMN IT!

I'm here in my office with my wife and we are mounting prints, prints that I have to sell to pay my bills, some shot on Kodak, some on Ilford. I just get FED UP with reading this garbage, it's useless and really speaks to what people's priorities are...not photography.
    talk about juvenile.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichý

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Wow, Alaris learned well from its "parent." After Kodak had such success with Perez, an HP executive lacking any background in film, Alaris decided to go with Gerbershagen, a Motorola executive lacking any background in film. Good luck with that!
    Saw that too. In the interest of giving Alaris some breathing room around here, I wasn't going to say anything. But I wasn't not thinking anything.

Near the bottom of the article it says,

"Gerbershagen holds a degree in general electronics and computer science from the Bingen University. He is married with two adult children and has interests in sailing, golf, photography and motorcycles."

Wonder if he'd share with us the make and model of camera(s) he uses to pursue his "interests in... photography?"

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    ...In the interest of giving Alaris some breathing room around here, I wasn't going to say anything...
    Coporate boards of directors get all the breathing room they earn by means of their actions/decisions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    ...Wonder if he'd share with us the make and model of camera(s) he uses to pursue his "interests in... photography?"...
    Droid Maxx?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    You have just confessed to using Ilford, does that not compromise your posture, i.e. do as I say not as I do.
    No, it doesn't. I didn't say exclusively... I still have T-Max Readyloads, and use Tri-X in 4x5. And, I still buy Dektol, HC-110, Kodak Fix...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin