Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,946   Online: 895

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    If so, why don't they participate? They could clear up a lot of these discussions rather quickly. Ilford seems to see value in interacting with their customers.
    +1

Dan we are often on target as far as perspective, but unless you have inside info, I don't think anyone from Kodak (save that one girl that came on who was part of the ... Publicist?... Area of kodak... And any feedback from her doesn't help much as she's not in touch with who's in charge...

Simon is...

When the aforementioned new "leader" they just hired... Makes an account hear and actually posts and responds... Then they will show they are in fact reading.

I've seen this a million times with companies who are run by those who don't know anything about how the business actually functions (the world involved in the business of the company that isn't like the normal world) and they run it into the ground.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Ilford is the only larger photo related company on here on a regular basis, not Nikon, not Hasselblad and not Fuji. Colleen has been on here a few times and there was ugliness towards Kodak even then, within those threads when her little green light of participation was lit.

It's never going to change is it....and young, really talented people like some of the photographers I mentor like 27 year old Adam, an ad shooter who graduated from RIT and 23 year old still-building-her-portfolio Ellie who is a Alabama grad and who both prefer film?....they are going to keep seeing this time wasting garbage and are going to keep saying, no thanks to APUG.

The bullcrap, old guard attitude here drives away soooo many super talented, film loving young people that it is just sickening....truly.
    Don't forget Mirko of ADOX... Who also seem to be doing quite well, adding new products in fact.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find it extremely unfortunate that Eastman Kodak discontinued the Kodak 2D camera. I hope they'll bring it back! I'd pay three to four times the original price! ��
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Every time I feel like I can handle this place, want to contribute and inspire, I readily see why I am just not cut out for it, at all...

Even my wife can tell when I am on here, I don't shoot, print as much. I really should listen to her and use the site for classifieds and as a read-only. She is a super happy person and not a member of any forums.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think it matters whether a CEO has experience in the photographic industry. What matters is whether the CEO is able to make use of the experience of the rest of those in the company.

I'd be more concerned if they hired a bunch of non-photographic people to deal with R & D, product development, manufacturing, marketing, etc.

Remember as well that one of the businesses purchased by Kodak Alaris was the apparently innovative office document scanning equipment business. It certainly won't hurt the film and paper business if that business is successful.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Every time I feel like I can handle this place, want to contribute and inspire, I readily see why I am just not cut out for it, at all...

Even my wife can tell when I am on here, I don't shoot, print as much. I really should listen to her and use the site for classifieds and as a read-only. She is a super happy person and not a member of any forums.
    C'mon Dan. You're made of tougher stuff than that...

Besides, we here on APUG have been told over and over that we don't amount to much more than a hill of beans. That our aggregate film purchases are orders of magnitude below any hope of ever moving anyone's needle. That our self-aggrandized sense of inflated importance in the film world is laughable to those truly in the know. That our ignorance of anything and everything related to the realities of film manufacturing, marketing and usage is breathtaking.

Given that, how can we and our opinions possibly pose a threat to anyone at EK/KA? Where does this idea come from that seems to imply that we are nothing more than a bunch of ignorant old-fart fools that nobody listens to, except in the case of our opinions voiced about Kodak, where even a single discouraging word from any one of us is going to be enough to singlehandedly bring down that entire company? For a second time...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak Alaris reads our posts? Well I got a message for them: Get your act together.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    That our ignorance of anything and everything related to the realities of film manufacturing, marketing and usage is breathtaking.

Ken
    Hi Ken

In my local high street you can buy

rebadged 24exp C41Fuji 200 for 1.00 GBP
    in one shop
    36 exp Fuji for 4.xx GBP and
    36 exp Kodak 5.yy
    in the shop three doors away!

forgotten the xx and yy

We still teach our kids
    one two buckle my shoe...

In 1979 shooting candits close I with a wide at a wedding, smoke coming out of the lever wind of my Leica, the groom's dad ask's what film? He said he worked for Kodak he said 'there were only yellow boxes in chemists shops 20 years ago ...'. I was using Kchrome 25 about eight 36exp cassettes a wedding.

I asked about his pension...

The expression is 'bungee management...'

Noel

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I find interesting on this forum is the hate or bashing that is going on towards Kodak. Ilford increases it's prices and the result is a bit of moaning the same with Fuji but if Kodak dares a price increase we have immense amount of bitching and hate. As a note in a lot of markets Kodak is the lowest priced of the big three and not by a small margin. In Austria for instance Ilford is in average 1 to 2 Euros more expensive than similar Kodak products Fuji is even more expensive. So how evil is Kodak I'd say less evil in their price politcs than their competitor who don't get even half the flack Kodak receives.

I also think that Alaris and EK should employ a Simon Galley type.

A happy Kodak, Ilford and Fuji user.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I don't think it matters whether a CEO has experience in the photographic industry. What matters is whether the CEO is able to make use of the experience of the rest of those in the company.

I'd be more concerned if they hired a bunch of non-photographic people to deal with R & D, product development, manufacturing, marketing, etc.

Remember as well that one of the businesses purchased by Kodak Alaris was the apparently innovative office document scanning equipment business. It certainly won't hurt the film and paper business if that business is successful.
    Anyone have any idea how much of KA is film business and how much is office supplies? Is film the majority business or is it smaller?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin