Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,067   Online: 932

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post

It wasn't just Perez. IMO the lot of them in top management for at least the last 20 years couldn't find their asses with both hands and a full length mirror........
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like TMY in 4x5 went up a fair bit, nearly 30%.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...in-particular)
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As I just posted over there, HP5+ here I come. I really like Ilford anyway and it looks like they just got my B&W sheet film business.

TMY-2 is a superb film but it just isn't twice as good as HP5+.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some are willing to pay 300/box for XX, maybe Kodak believes sky is the limit.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Some are willing to pay 300/box for XX, maybe Kodak believes sky is the limit.
    Well, I wouldn't pay that regularly... Let's see if the price comes down once they cut the first run of it, and it's not XX, that's "super-XX" what was being cut was Double-X just FYI
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just flipped over to the Kodak Alaris site. Looked through their press releases (here). How come all I see is digital this, digital that, data this, and software that? I can barely even find the word film. I'm really, really trying to remain positive about these guys. But...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well, I wouldn't pay that regularly... Let's see if the price comes down once they cut the first run of it, and it's not XX, that's "super-XX" what was being cut was Double-X just FYI
    Well, Super-XX was discontinued by Kodak exactly 20 years ago...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Just flipped over to the Kodak Alaris site. Looked through their press releases (here). How come all I see is digital this, digital that, data this, and software that? I can barely even find the word film. I'm really, really trying to remain positive about these guys. But...

Ken
    I thought Kodak Alaris was a film business???

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No!

KPP traded in the Document Imaging as well as the Personal Imaging division from Kodak to form Kodak Alaris.

Even in the Personal Imaging division halide film and paper is just a part.

(In the Document Imaging division microfilm is lacking as that marketing section had been sold by Kodak before.)
    Last edited by AgX; 03-09-2014 at 08:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Well, Super-XX was discontinued by Kodak exactly 20 years ago...
    I'm just saying when I started shortening it to XX cause it looks cooler and easier to type, people who used to use Super-XX kept calling it Super-XX which it's not, so I'm just clarifying. Paying $300 for a pack, you want to at least be buying it knowing what you're getting... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin