Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,260   Online: 810

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I was a young lad of eighteen I worked at a camera store. The boss called the regional Kodak rep to complain about some Kodak dealings. The rep just scoffed and said, "If you don't like it go buy your Kodak film somewhere else".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the hopes of sparing others the feeling of dread that I experienced, I'd like to point out that this thread was started last year.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may be an old thread but it's still fun to complain about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    What big Canadian photography on-line store? As far as I know none exist.
    It's hard to beat B+H
    In Edmonton, Tri-X is $6.89 for 36 exp 35mm roll. It's one of the few that are cheaper in 35mm than 120 on a per roll basis. That's Don's Photo (Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg).

Henry's (Toronto, Ottawa, ...) has it for $8.99 for 36 exp and $6.99 for 24 exp (ouch!).

Kerrisdale Cameras (Vancouver, Victoria) has 24 exp for $5.99.

The Camera Store (Calgary) has 36 exp roll for $8.18 (ouch again!).

Lozeau (Montreal) has 24 exp for $6.99 and 36 exp roll for $7.99.

Those are some of the main Canadian stores (Henry's and the Camera Store particularly). Don't know about stores in Quebec City or the Maritimes (except Atlantic Photo Supply, which didn't show 400tx). Other stores in Toronto are comparable and other stores in Edmonton are more expensive. It looks like Prairie folk are getting the best deal on Tri-X in Canada. I'm surprised, I always thought that Canadians elsewhere paid similarly to myself. I'd assume larger markets like Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver would actually be a bit cheaper.

But I hardly shoot Tri-X anyways. I've long dedicated my B&W photography to Ilford. HP5 is the same price as Tri-X, anyways.
    cities & citizens - edmonton street photography (mostly), 100% film

...and Vancouver would actually be a bit cheaper
    Nope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Nope.
    Obviously, but it is strange isn't it? The only major markets that are far from populated U.S. centres has the cheapest film. The 3 largest markets, close to major U.S. markets, have expensive film. Just defies logic to me. For $8.99 a roll, no way I'd be continuing to support the local guys, I'd just buy from B&H like so many others clearly have done.
    cities & citizens - edmonton street photography (mostly), 100% film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beau Photo has HP5+ 35mm 36 exp for $6.60 a roll on their website.

And their Kodak pricelist is still "coming soon" - grrr!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak to put film prices up.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    When I was a young lad of eighteen I worked at a camera store. The boss called the regional Kodak rep to complain about some Kodak dealings. The rep just scoffed and said, "If you don't like it go buy your Kodak film somewhere else".
    Kodak doesn't seem to change their attitude even though the loyalty isn't there anymore, they aren't "the best" like they used to be... Just one of... But they don't realize this...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Kodak to put film prices up.

Quote Originally Posted by h.v. View Post
    Obviously, but it is strange isn't it? The only major markets that are far from populated U.S. centres has the cheapest film. The 3 largest markets, close to major U.S. markets, have expensive film. Just defies logic to me. For $8.99 a roll, no way I'd be continuing to support the local guys, I'd just buy from B&H like so many others clearly have done.
    Agreed, I buy from B&H and Tmax is actually cheaper than Tri-X and the Tmax is cheaper than Delta 400 so that's the only Kodak film I buy, if that changes, I'll go back to Ilford, I buy 2 other of their films already anyway and they 'get it' so I'll support them but when grain-less-ness is less important I still go for HP5 over Tri-X, it's got such beautiful tones... Yep, Kodak is certainly pricing themselves out of the market... Shame...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ultimately you have two choices,either pay the price or do without the product.
    Ben

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin