Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,358   Online: 836

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I've just read in the 31st of March issue of the U.K magazine Amateur Photographer that Kodak are going to put the price of their films up by 15%.
    no problem.after Polaroid went under the new film from 'the impossible projectsold Polaroid film and tripled the priceand now, they sell more than they can make,film is undervalued.triple the prices for all I care but keep making it!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    no problem.after Polaroid went under the new film from 'the impossible projectsold Polaroid film and tripled the priceand now, they sell more than they can make,film is undervalued.triple the prices for all I care but keep making it!
    You must have been talking to Fuji lately
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    ,film is undervalued.triple the prices for all I care but keep making it!
    Mods, can this post be prevented from getting to Simon Galley?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah right.

The line is very thin between shooting film and switching to digital.
    Double the prices and even the most hardcore film users (like me) will switch. How will I be able to justify a 100' roll priced at 160$ or even 240$ ? That's just nuts.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Mods, can this post be prevented from getting to Simon Galley?

pentaxuser
    I keep worrying about that, but I think for now they are doing that, "get everyone to switch for the price" and get us all hooked first lol.

Still, it's been a while, but I just love the LF prices so much! It's such a nice number. Hope it stays a bit longer.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    ...Frankly that Kodak still produces 35mm B/W MP Filmstock is a wonder and shows that Kodak is commited to Filmmaking even at their loss...
    Neither Kodak nor any other manufacturer is committed to ongoing production of anything at a loss. If/when it stops turning a profit, count on discontinuation.

Reality sucks, but it's real.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think film is too expensive. For about $9 I can get two rolls of 120 FP4, and 4x5 sheets are about $1.25 each. On a good day, I can walk around in the fresh air for 2 hours, and shoot 2 rolls. The same amount of time can yield around 4 sheets. Both come in less than the cost of a 2 hour movie. Even with the (negligible) chemical costs, it's still a bargain. The feeling it gives when nicely processed film is hung to dry far outlasts the feeling even a great movie leaves. And, then, you get to print it...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Yeah right.

The line is very thin between shooting film and switching to digital.
    Double the prices and even the most hardcore film users (like me) will switch. How will I be able to justify a 100' roll priced at 160$ or even 240$ ? That's just nuts.
    Hi NB23

Dont visit here
    https://www.silverprint.co.uk/Produc...asp?PrGrp=2241

Noel

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Neither Kodak nor any other manufacturer is committed to ongoing production of anything at a loss. If/when it stops turning a profit, count on discontinuation.

Hi

True but Kodak is a large company, I've worked in companies were every meeting had two worker bees and 18 drones. Profit is after wages...

Noel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post

The problem is that there still is a devoted customer base for film. It even seems to be growing as older photographers are taking up analogue again, and younger ones have discovered lomo.

The problem is that several film producers have not adapted their products and businesses to the new realities where film is a niche and digital the main medium. They also seem to lack commitment. For instance Fuji cancelled one of the best films ever, Neopan 400 120, because they wouldn't make the investment to comply with new environmental rules.

Film would be profitable, if the producers went about it in the right way. The world would be a sadder place if we lost film to inept business practices.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin