Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,294   Online: 985

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Mamiya is still making the RZ, IIRC, and the 7 II. Some of the boutique manufacturers are still cranking out product too, I believe. And then there's the "gray area" cameras like the Ebony 23 series, which are a view camera design but built to take 6x7/6x9cm negatives on either cut sheet film or roll film with a roll film back.
    It doesn't look to me like Mamiya is still producing any of the film cameras. The only web presence left for Mamiya is strictly digital, and all the web support information for all the Mamiya film cameras is gone.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Freestyle catalog lists the Nikon FM10 and Vivitar v3800. Who makes the FM10?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it is Cosina that makes both those cameras but I can't remember for sure.

Shooter
    35mm
    The camera shop chains in Japan (BIC camera + Yodobashi camera) all have new film cameras for sale, in stock and on display. The Mamiya's as suggested before. Pentax 67II and 645nII with almost ever lens they made. Hasselblads. Ebony 5x4 and 10x8. Plus other large format cameras. Leica m7 and mp in every colour combo you can think of. The nikons and those little fuji 35mm fixed lens cameras. Voigtlander rangefinders. And sh*t loads of film to put in them! Including fuji film in 220 and 4x5 ready loads, with long dates on them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	film.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	599.7 KB 
ID:	49243

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! That's about how much film is on the shelves of all the stores in Denver combined.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can still buy a lot of Russian (Ukranian) cameras fro the companies that refurbish them, such as Arak and Hartbei. I've no idea when the cameras were manufactured, maybe some time ago, but in effect they are are 'new', being rebuilt new stock.

I'm quite keen on the idea of a Kiev 88 ;-)
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tocalosh View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	film.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	599.7 KB 
ID:	49243
    Holy crap that's awesome. Where I live, such a scene has not existed since the late 70s in any store.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara, Tokyo , where this photo was taken last December is amazing. The fridge actually continues to the left a bit more and has all the ilford film in. 35mm up to 10x8 in every flavour. There also a floor just for darkroom gear. New enlarges, trays, timers etc. The shop in Akihabara is the biggest, but there's probably 5 other big stores around Tokyo, plus the other major cities. Kyoto had a great selection too. I wasted a lot of time looking at all the stuff they sell.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I went to the Adorama web site and found this.
    http://www.adorama.com/ZZMA3000.html
    I've seen lots of new 35mm film SLR cameras.
    But I have not seen and AF P&S 35mm camera for sale in years.
    I figured that the quality P&S 35mm camera was gone for good, killed by digital and the fact that used ones are all over ebay and yard sales for $10 or less.

I just picked up a mint Olympus infinity stylus zoom for a dollar with a working battery! It was over 100 times that much new a few years ago.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin