Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,640   Online: 724

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

New Art Paper! Freestyle's Arista Silver Artist Series Paper

Received my Spring 2012 Freestyle catalog in the mail today and also saw in the April email newsletter mention of a new art paper, Arista Silver Artist Series Paper! A Matte surface to boot! Just placed and order for a pack of 8x10 look forward to trying it out!

Below per Freestyle and supporting link re Arista Silver Artist Series paper:

Freestyle's unique positioning in the world market of photographic products has enabled us to create a totally new and unique B&W variable contrast paper. We've matched a high silver content B&W emulsion with a 100% cotton, fine-art paper; BFK Rives 280 gsm, manufactured in France. BFK Rives is considered one of the finest and most respected of all fine art papers in the world. Initially available in very limited quantities in 8x10 and 11x14 sizes with a choice of either a whitebase matte or grey-base matte surface texture. This product is different from anything you've ever seen! If sales are successful we will expand the line to include other sizes and base colors. With your support we can create a unique product that will endure for years to come. Best used under red or dim OC safelight conditions!

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/arista...ril-newsletter

There is also mention of lower international rates for you non-US folks, here is the newsletter w mention of a new shipping option:
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/indust.../snapshot.html

Thanks Freestyle for the good things you do to support analog photography!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just saw that in my new catalog too. I'm wondering if it is Ilford Art 300 with their brand. If so, it's a little better price. If not, it may be a great addition to good papers. Either way sounds like a winner.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's made in france. Can't be ilford.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Paper base made in France by BFK Rives and coated in Croatia (by I presume Fotokemika)
    Andy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Paper could be made in France (like Arches Platine and others Arches papers) but not the coating.
    Guilleminot the last photographic paper factory is dead for about 20 years now and coating machine werre disassembled so Guy Gerard (Bergger label) could not get them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Paper base made in France by BFK Rives and coated in Croatia (by I presume Fotokemika)
    Sounds logical. In any case, I'll be trying it. I like the Art 300, but the Arista price is a little better, so if I can get the same quality it's a good deal.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep this in mind, Ilford does not rebrand any of its products. Wouldn't it be grand if they did. It would be far out if it were Bergger.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New paper coming soon Arista Artist series

I got a sample pack.
    Emulsion on Rives paper. Grey or white base.
    Very good dmax. Very nice texture.

Thank you Freestyle to bring some new stuff !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Keep this in mind, Ilford does not rebrand any of its products. Wouldn't it be grand if they did. It would be far out if it were Bergger.
    Ilford have stated that they won't re-brand their own products, but they are available for contract manufacture.

So there are products out there that are designed by others, but manufactured by Ilford for them.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Interesting....I wonder if the new paper is in the same general "category" as Ilford Fine Art MG VC....that is, a photo-emulsion on a high quality thick paper.

Is the new Arista paper furnished in a matt or glossy finish?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin