Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,707   Online: 908

Shooter
    Multi Format

Extinct lens - new, but weirdo NY store won't sell to Canada

So this store in New York called Hudson Pixels "hudsonpixels.com" has in stock, for some reason, a *new* Nikkor SW 120/8. WTF? But they don't sell to anywhere outside CONUS. I called and they said it was because they don't have a shipper for Canada. Again, WTF? I said just ship it USPS or FedEx or whatever and bill me for it. Simple as that. They said no. Come on!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    So this store in New York called Hudson Pixels "hudsonpixels.com" has in stock, for some reason, a *new* Nikkor SW 120/8. WTF? But they don't sell to anywhere outside CONUS. I called and they said it was because they don't have a shipper for Canada. Again, WTF? I said just ship it USPS or FedEx or whatever and bill me for it. Simple as that. They said no. Come on!
    You might want to take a deep breath, read this, and keep shopping:

http://www.scambook.com/browse/index...dsonpixels.com

Broooklyn schlockmeisters with loads of unhappy customers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. This thing did seem a little odd, and too good to be true. It's selling for the same price as used ones on ebay etc. And the guy on the phone sounded a little shady. I probably wouldn't have gone through with the order but thanks for the link. Schlockmeisters indeed.

The other thing, about the quoted "retail" prices they quote vs their own prices - total nonsense. Completely inflated, by very large amounts.
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 04-16-2012 at 11:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Interesting. This thing did seem a little odd, and too good to be true. It's selling for the same price as used ones on ebay etc. And the guy on the phone sounded a little shady. I probably wouldn't have gone through with the order but thanks for the link. Schlockmeisters indeed.

The other thing, about the quoted "retail" prices they quote vs their own prices - total nonsense. Completely inflated, by very large amounts.
    This is probably a little out of date but it shows the scale of Brooklyn discount biz. Doubt things have changed all that much:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin