Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 978

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photography like Hi-Fi isn't a poor man's hobby, and the film is the cheapest part
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Worldwide, except for Japan

I saw "high Yen" in there among the reasons
    I'd agree with this. In fact, it's surprising they were able to keep prices here somewhat lower than Kodak and Ilford for as long as they have, seeing as the major unwinding of the yen carry trade happened a few years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No surprise...

Happiness is having bought 200 rolls of Acros 100/120 for $2.69 a roll from Adorama a few weeks ago....:-)
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    No surprise...

Happiness is having bought 200 rolls of Acros 100/120 for $2.69 a roll from Adorama a few weeks ago....:-)
    APUG needs an "Unseemly Gloating" sticky.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Man, every time something come up it’s bad news and everybody gets all gloomy and pessimistic. Forcing me to spend like mad to fill my freezer.

foc

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember selling Fuji 35mm 36exp film in the early 1990s for IR£2.99. (Irish Punt before the Euro)

Now calculating for inflation that would be, in todays money, IR£5.86 which since I now use Euro would be €7.44. Today I sell the same film for €4.66, thats 37% cheaper than the 1990s price and that was when film was in its' hayday.

IMO I think the price of film has never been cheaper, even with recent price increases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Their 120 acros 100 is way undercutting even Fomapan 100 and holga film on B&H. $3.20 versus $4-4.59 for Kodak B&W. From a pure business perspective, it has room to increase price and still be a solid contender, especially given the quality. I think acros 100 is the best 100 speed film available right now. (but I mostly use tmy2 since I think a faster film is more practical for mostly handheld medium format shooting)
    +1

At $16.99 for 5 rolls (Freestyle, B&H is currently out of stock), Acros 100 is a steal, especially compared to the other major brands.
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1. This post ended up duplicated for some reason.
    Last edited by BradleyK; 04-29-2012 at 10:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis M View Post
    Man, every time something come up it’s bad news and everybody gets all gloomy and pessimistic. Forcing me to spend like mad to fill my freezer.
    +1. With the recent announcement by EK of the discontinuation of its E6 line, the company's ongoing struggles, and now Fuji's price increases, I am fast running out of room in my deep-freeze. My current inventory (a function, no doubt, of my pessimistic personality) must be pushing in excess of 1000 rolls of 35mm and 120 film! By any reasonable estimate, I must surely have enough E100G, E100VS, Tri-X, PanF Plus and FP4 Plus to last me through several years of shooting; still, with all the doom and gloom, I continue to place my monthly orders with Adorama and/or B&H... Oh, for a respite from the all the darkness...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin