Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,363   Online: 1156

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Which canon model does this? (sounds like some inner electronic glitch/malfunction)
    I use a 1n, 1v and had a 3 but sold it and they all worked fine with the reused factory cassettes. (I taped the bulk film to the last few inches of a used up factory load)

Are you worried the winder will rip the end if you tape your bulk loads?
    1) Original "elan"
    2) I have no luck extracting the leader through the cassette felt, and the caps don't go back on the factory loads after I pry them off.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah okay, I was assuming you could set your camera to not wind in completely.
    I get your problem now.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Hi Charles, I do not have problem with DX codes but I wondering about supply of good quality cassettes in future? My experience with AP metal cassettes is very bad, it's basically junk. Years ago Freestyle had very good ones with "bras colour" lids, very similar to Ilford from that time.
    I have noticed that the "DX" coded ones don't seem to hold the end caps as well as the Older cassettes. I am not sure if it is thinner steel, a different alloy or perhaps just worn tooling. Of course the other difference is that the newer design has the lips flat at the point where the newer cameras have the film type window, the original design in the 1980 period had the film come out almost perpendicular to the cassette. I set aside my old ones when I switched to the Auto Focus SLR, as they use at least the speed setting on the DX codeing.

I have tried the labels DX that a UK dealer sells, and was underwhelmed. (First off I had to get a friend to buy them and send them to me as the dealer would not mail them to Canada, and second they were not easy to place, and they wrinkled far to easily.) So they are not the answer.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin