Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,905   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    You can make some backing paper by cutting down some 120 discards. But you would need a pattern.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's probably what I will do. I do have some lightweight black opaque construction paper that I think could also work as it seems about the same weight as the real backing paper but I'd have to find it in roll format.

As far as a pattern, I did just win an *Bay auction for an Instamatic 104 with 2 126 cartridges (Kodakcolor II) and paid less than 5 dollars. The film itself is likely worthless but the carts and backing paper will be useful. There are also lots of 110 cameras out there with old film included, too. Many of these camera outfits appear to be unused, NIB.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I recently ran a 126 roll from 1983 and got pictures. Not great, but they did come out.

I put a used flash cube on top of my K-104 to force the slower shutter speed and shot in daylight. Then I over developed the film by 30 seconds. DIY C-41 is fun.

I now have 4 126 carts reloaded with fresh Portra 160nc, waiting to be used.

I still can find color 110 film at camera swaps but it is getting scarce. New 110 and 126 would be amazing.
    - Bill Lynch

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kb3lms View Post
    Where do you get the backing paper? Do you know of a source for new backing paper (or a substitute) or are you recycling paper from previous 110 carts or 120 rolls? I have been fooling with 126 cameras/cartridges and was trying to figure out what to do as I do not have any actual 126 backing paper.

-- Jason
    I've just used the backing paper from 110 carts. I have a few very outdated 110 films and cannibalised them, dumped the film and re-loaded with cut-down 35mm FP4 backed with the original paper. It lasts a long time, but if I needed to make any I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to slice it down from 120 in a similar way to slicing the film. I use a pair of Stanley blades in a jig with a fat spacer and shims for fine adjustment. A hinged lid clamps everything in place and two guides keep the film straight as it's drawn through.

The main thing is to have fun!

Best wishes,

Steve

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The value of my Pentax auto 110 cameras and lenses just skyrocketed :-)

Though I am not exactly a fan of that Lomography hipster stuff I ordered a few films...

Does someone know what sort of film is actually inside?

Hope that Adox finally starts the 110 cartridge machines, too.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Well...you'd have to disassemble the film cartridges and re-wrap the film in the backing paper, then reassemble the cartridges properly (all in the dark), in order for it to be an effective light-trap. Probably more trouble than just unloading in the dark.

More to the point, does anyone have a source for C-41 processing of 110 film? I have a few rolls needing processing. Perhaps Dwayne's in Kansas City?

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dwayne's processed mine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are several I have tried out. The Best C41 process and print for 110 is by Blue Moon Camera.

See here for labs that process 110 film.

http://photo.net/film-and-processing...00U2Re?start=0

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post

Does someone know what sort of film is actually inside?
    I sent them an email asking for dev times... that will shed some light on this film, hopefully not too much
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eh...whoever makes the film it would be hard to go too wrong with 7 min. at 68F in D-76. Glad I still have some stainless steel 110 reels.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin