Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,849   Online: 971

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Here are the times... what film could that be?

http://microsites.lomography.com/processing/
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Times match Orwo UN54 and it is made in 16m form.

https://store-e75ac.mybigcommerce.co...hspecsun54.pdf
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 05-23-2012 at 12:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Now, if only they provided film for Minolta 16mm cameras...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What kind of film do they need? Other perforation?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received my Lomographic Orca 110 film. The box clearly says "Made in China", so that answers one of my questions. Still not sure what it is. As brianmquinn points out, the times are an exact copy of that from the Massive Developing Chart for Orwo UN54. Even in the same order. Could it be some Chinese factory buys Orwo film, perforates it for 110, and loads it into 110 cassettes?
    Also interesting is that both the box and the sticker on the cassette proudly says "1st Production Run". What is not included is an expiration date. Not that it matters to me as I keep all my film stock in the freezer so I don't care what the date is.
    I put a cassette in my Minolta Weathermatic 110, and will be shooting it in the coming days. It will be interesting to see the results.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    Just received my Lomographic Orca 110 film. Could it be some Chinese factory buys Orwo film, perforates it for 110, and loads it into 110 cassettes?
    Perhaps they have made a deal to get some film in 16mm Unperforated. The standard 16mm movie perfs would not work will with the 110 format. I would imagine that the folks at lomography having designed a bunch of quirky cameras may have not trouble paying a Chinese factory to tool up to convert film into 100 format including making cassette tooling and deigning a machine ot do the pre-exposure of the frame markings.

I am sure that some in the group would love to see pictures of the film, the backing paper (if any) and the cassette when you get a chance to develop it. This is actually a good news item for any of us who despair of using things like a Pentax 110. I have a bunch of Fuji color 200 in the freezer but would probably have to mail it to the states to get it processed if I shoot any.

Now if they were to load some with HP5 or 400TX or Foma action 400...I might get into action.

Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    Also interesting is that both the box and the sticker on the cassette proudly says "1st Production Run".
    OH, the very collectible "first production run" that should be worth extra some day.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the upthread guy who uses 126 film-- it's the same as 828 film, IIRC, which is still available albeit expensive. Kodak just kept up their 828 lines, and put a plastic cartridge around the end product. Buy a couple rolls of 828 and you should be able to reuse the BP a lot. Or just keep buying 828 and stuff it into the cartridge, if you have the dosh.

nosmok

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nosmok View Post
    For the upthread guy who uses 126 film-- it's the same as 828 film, IIRC, which is still available albeit expensive. Kodak just kept up their 828 lines, and put a plastic cartridge around the end product. Buy a couple rolls of 828 and you should be able to reuse the BP a lot. Or just keep buying 828 and stuff it into the cartridge, if you have the dosh.

nosmok
    828 is harder to find than 126 and has been out of production for about two decades. It was also shorter then 126 film giving about 8 shots a roll and does not have the proper perforations to sub. for 126 film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    828 is harder to find than 126 and has been out of production for about two decades. It was also shorter then 126 film giving about 8 shots a roll and does not have the proper perforations to sub. for 126 film.
    About the only similarities is that both are 35mm wide, both have a paper backing.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've shot one roll of the new Orca 110 and I want to develop it at home. I don't have a proper 110 reel for it so I'll probably just wrap it around a small cylinder of some sort that fits in my tank. but my question is about getting the film out of the cartridge. It went completely into the cartridge when I finished the roll so I assume that I'll have to break it open in the dark bag to get the film out. Is there an easy way to break the cartridge open?
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin