Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,296   Online: 821

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

New Lomography Orca 110 cartridge black & white film

Here's something interesting for the submini enthusiast: http://usa.shop.lomography.com/lomog...gn=orca_launch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank's for posting this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Trying to think of a polite way to ask my nephew to
    give back the complete Pentax 110 SLR System, that
    I gave to him in 1995.

Hopefully he didn't lose it during The Divorce ...

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hummm... I just had a look at their site, and they say that there is no backing paper (so you have to count the frames yourself), does not block at the end of the cartridge and the last 4 frames might be fogged... At that price this seems a bit hard to accept (at least for me)

I always dreamed of a Pentax auto 110, but not sure it would justify getting one now !
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am accustomed already to slitting and reloading 110 cartridges with whatever film I want for my Pentax auto 100 and Minolta 110 Zoom--so I am also familiar with the issue of "keeping count" (i.e. no backing paper) as well as unloading in darkness. The one advantage this Lomo film appears to have is that it is properly sprocketed for all 110 film cameras, thus even lower end Pocket Instamatics that require the sprocket hole to cock the shutter can be used easily. If you are using one of these cameras, once the Lomo film runs out the shutter will not cock. So, in spite of it lacking the backing paper or a counter, you will know immediately when the film runs out. I also think if you load and remove the cartridge in very subdued light there should be little chance of fogging. But, of course, it would be far better if they did include the backing paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure they'll get backing paper soon enough. I wonder if this is a partnership with ADOX, since ADOX has been saying for a few years now they're working on 110?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered some just to try it. I do hope they get backing paper on it soon, though. The Adox site still says they're working on it. I presume this is from either China or the old eastern block countries. I'll know in a week or so.
    Maybe I'll unload in the darkroom or changing bag to avoid flashing the last few frames.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a bit spoiled at reloading my own 110 for under $2 a roll (slicing down bulk 35mm), but I'll probably order some too for fun. I just bought a Kodak Ektralite off ebay for 99 cents--seems like the perfect camera to try this out with.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    As Laurent says, I'd expect something that was rather better for the price. This isn't much better than what I can do cutting down 35mm film (and I even load that with backing paper, though the frame numbers lose sync as without sprocket holes the amount of film advance in the Pentax Auto 110 is governed by the steadily increasing diameter of the take-up spool. However, the presence of sprocket holes in Lomo's product does allow its use in many other cameras. I'd prefer to buy, say, 5m of the uncut 110 film and worry about the backing paper myself.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ...worry about the backing paper myself.
    Where do you get the backing paper? Do you know of a source for new backing paper (or a substitute) or are you recycling paper from previous 110 carts or 120 rolls? I have been fooling with 126 cameras/cartridges and was trying to figure out what to do as I do not have any actual 126 backing paper.

-- Jason
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin