Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,543   Posts: 1,544,414   Online: 1071

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

120 Fuji Neopan Acros 100

I'm starting to wonder if it is the end of the line for this great film. Everyone is out of stock and has been for a while. Freestyle had a shipment coming in today that's been pushed till the end of June. B&H and Adorama say they don't know when to expect more. I have found it on a few UK sites and that is giving me hope. Though a few said low stock qty.

What are peoples thought on this? I assume it was a profitable film for fuji based on my expierence with it and reviews form around the web.

Has another well liked 120 film gone the way of the dodo?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That's a good question: when I was on the phone with Freestyle, they sounded optimistic it will be around for a while, although the demise of Neopan 400 in 120 was a huge loss for me (thank god for ebay). I think Fuji might be doing smaller runs, maybe one a year on this stuff, so maybe we just have to be patient.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got 25 rolls of 35mm and 25rolls of 120 from B&H two weeks ago, ordered when the message about Fuji price increase came, glad I've secured a whole heap of Fuji, they seem very sketchy (but I love their films, so what can I do?
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How much do you think this has to do with Fuji announcing a price increase?

Users probably hoard it in order to avoid paying more for their favorite, hence the short supply.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Plenty of stock at where I live and get my film from. But it's already their only b&w film in the line up. So unless they plan to pull out of 120 film completely.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    How much do you think this has to do with Fuji announcing a price increase?

Users probably hoard it in order to avoid paying more for their favorite, hence the short supply.
    My thought exactly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is what scares me so much about Acros. It's my favorite film bar none. I just don't like any other film nearly as much as I like Acros, so I use tons of it. But, when Fuji stops production (which I'm sure they will) I'll be up the creek.

I've moved to Ilford for all other films (Tri-X to HP5, TMax 3200 to Delta 3200), but Acros stands alone. I don't like Delta as much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    >But, when Fuji stops production (which I'm sure they will)
    Oh no, what a nightmare this would be! I hope this will not happen... Acros is a wonderful film. I have around 25 rolls (120) left in my fridge and will re-order soon.

(My personal disaster would be the loss of TriX - it would hurt like the loss of Polywarmton - but I'd surely miss Acros as well. These are my two main films.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Unique Photo lists Acros 100 in 120 format as "in stock" so I may have to get some from them...

Shooter
    35mm
    Over here the only shop selling serious film in the country has it in stock. Also my favorite film, but that may change when I start doing IR in the summer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin