Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,324   Online: 882

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    Unfortunatly Plux-X reversal is no more, they were selling Tri-X reversal.
    Thanks for the correction. I got a few rolls of Regular-8 from John a few months ago and indeed the Cine-X is no more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now it just came across the wire that Tri-X is being discontinued, pending one last run from Kodak: http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/...hp?f=1&t=23351
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    Now it just came across the wire that Tri-X is being discontinued, pending one last run from Kodak: http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/...hp?f=1&t=23351
    I read that thread. Wouldn't a broker like John Schwind want to be in on a proposition like that, or have his own order. Isn't that is what film brokers do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I read that thread. Wouldn't a broker like John Schwind want to be in on a proposition like that, or have his own order. Isn't that is what film brokers do.
    mr8mm (the OP in that thread) is John Schwind. He's allowing people to get in on the last order before they discontinue the stock permanently.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    mr8mm (the OP in that thread) is John Schwind. He's allowing people to get in on the last order before they discontinue the stock permanently.
    Ok, thanks for that info. I emailed John yesterday about getting in on an order. I just have to decide how much film is reasonable. I have never had good luck with long-term storage of any film in the ISO 200-400 range. I wish I could have ordered a bunch of the Plus-X before it was unavailable.

I was shooting my son's baseball game yesterday with my H8 Bolex Reflex and Super Cine-X and 0.9 ND filter. Someone asked me about my 'video camera' and I mentioned the advantage of the spring motor of being 100% mechanical, not needing a battery. He then asked what medium it records onto and I got a blank stare when I mentioned 'film.'
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-21-2012 at 07:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Heard back from John. he is almost half way there in commitments. So if you want some you may want to contact him.

Because of the leaders a "25Ft roll" is actually 33 feet of film, so you can get 12 roils out of a 400ft roll. (assuming you have a split reel, some rewinds, a darkroom and some empty Regular 8 spools. - although most Regular 8 users are in the habit of Asking the lab to send them back)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    He then asked what medium it records onto and I got a blank stare when I mentioned 'film.'
    Why be surprised. Videocamcorders have been in general use for 30 years. Many people have probably never seen a small-format movie camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dwayne's Lab in Kansas has a few 8mm films - I ordered some with my last E6 processing order (35mm still film, don't get excited ). I have an old Paillard Bolex I want to try out, just for giggles.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    www.dwaynesphoto.com

They sell and process 8mm and double 8. $17 per roll to buy, and $17 to develop. I just ran a roll of double 8 ektachrome and it worked great. I just ordered 10 rolls from them for an up coming vacation. They have super fast, and smooth service.
    Rick Lanning
    Retired Crime Scene Photog.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Folks

Since this topic has popped up again, does anyone know a good place to get the Double 8mm Foma R100 processed? I contacted DR5 and they said they can process it, but they will just re-spool it which I take to mean they won’t cut it down the middle and then splice it end to end so I can feed it through a projector. If I’m going to pay someone to process it I would like them to cut it too.

Dwyane's does not list the R100 as a stock they handle and Freestyle referred me back to DR5.

I managed to find an 8mm Kodak Brownie in a completely unopened box about a month ago and I would LOVE to use it. It's really rather amazing actually.

The Foma R100 stock seems very readily available but finding someone to process it has been difficult.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by arealitystudios; 01-07-2013 at 05:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin