Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,589   Online: 918

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is only one place I know of that processes Fomapan: Plattsburgh Photo in upstate New York. They don't have a website, but you can contact him via email at super8mm _at_ aol _dot_ com.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    prep film services in Michigan. In fact I'm packing a box of regular-8 Super Cine-x to send to them now. Last time I sent them a batch including a roll of Fomapan, the Fomapan came out all mottled, but the Kodak film (Cine-X) was fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    prep film services in Michigan. In fact I'm packing a box of regular-8 Super Cine-x to send to them now. Last time I sent them a batch including a roll of Fomapan, the Fomapan came out all mottled, but the Kodak film (Cine-X) was fine.
    That's because Fomapan doesn't work well in the D-94A process that every other black-and-white reversal film uses. It worked with the original D-94 process, but the new chemistry gives it that mottled look. That's why it's so hard to find a place that processes it.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    That's because Fomapan doesn't work well in the D-94A process that every other black-and-white reversal film uses. It worked with the original D-94 process, but the new chemistry gives it that mottled look. That's why it's so hard to find a place that processes it.

Apperently there is an issue with the Bleach from the new process not working at normal times. NCL did a roll of 16mm for meabout a year ago that came out brown and mottled, and they said that the process will need adjutments. I would sugest contacting any lab you plan to use and asking them if they have the process changes down on FOMA yet. B&W Film Fcatory in Toronto used to charge Extra to do the Foma, but they have now closed down.

I have Just sent a note to NCL to see if they have the process down yet. http://www.niagaracustomlab.com/

UPDATE: The Replay I recieved is that "we are running this process without a problem
    this bleaching problem was happening because kodak changed the entire process a couple years ago
    so it would not work with anything except their new stock
    we have since adjusted their formula to handle other stocks as well
    and have tested the foma as well as agfa , orwo and older kodak stocks all with success"

So Looks like Foma R-100 Processing in Toronto is back in business.
    Last edited by cmacd123; 01-09-2013 at 08:08 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ADDed reply from NCL
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wrote to a whole bunch of places and the reply I got that gives me the most confidence is a business called Spectra Film and Video in California. Based on their reply they seemed to understand that the Foma stock needs to be handled differently from regular black and white stock.

It will take me a few weeks to go through a few rolls but I think I will go with Spectra when they are ready.

Now for the challeng of figuring out what to shoot! hahaha, my mind is so geared toward photographing stills I am quickly finding this whole "video" thing difficult.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We process much of the fomaR 'still film. Not very many, if any labs can run it.
    Though we are not a cine lab, we can run 8mm stock. We would not be able to slit the film.

regards. www.dr5.com

Shooter
    35mm
    A post on facebook has indicated that our friend Mr. Schwind has run out of his regular 8 stock. I tried to view his page to confirm but it gives a 404 error.

Fomapan R-100 is still available from some dealers, But beside NCL I don't know who has modified their process to handle it safly.

There is the possibility that Aviphot may one day be made in Regualr 8.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For what it is worth I process about 2000ft of 16mm B&W reversal a year of my family home movies. Half that is Foma R100. The balance is a mix of Tri-X, ORWO UN54 and Kodak/Fuji colour neg film stock processed as B&W rev. The Foma and Colour film stock do require a longer first development time compared to the other film stocks no matter what developer I use. To date I have not used the D94A, only a modified D94 with a Dichromate Bleach.

If you want to send your films to Oz, there is a commercial lab that processes Super 8, Standard and double 8. I sure he'd split it for you, but it would be worth sending an email. The Lab is "nanolab dot com dot au". Richard who runs the lab has been most helpfull whenever I have had &rev processing issues.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How do you process the film? Reels or buckets or machine?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    A post on facebook has indicated that our friend Mr. Schwind has run out of his regular 8 stock. I tried to view his page to confirm but it gives a 404 error.
    This link works, I'm e-mailing him now to see what is available:
    http://internationalfilm.weebly.com/

He wrote back that he has no B&W Reversal R8 and the big special order did not happen.

I found Foma 10meter Regular 8 at both B&H and Freestyle (both on backorder) and 30meter at FotoIMPEX speical order.

My usual processing lab, Prep Film, has apparently moved to Florida from Michigan:
    Prep Film Svc
    Palm Coast, FL Photofinishing
    Address
    25 Marbella Ct
    Palm Coast, FL 32137
    Phone
    386-447-9841
    Last edited by ic-racer; 08-20-2013 at 09:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin