Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,830   Online: 838

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

where to get film in urbana/champaign, IL?

Hello everybody; it's been a while.

I just recently moved to Champaign, IL from Chicago and I've been on quite a wild goose chase trying to find a place to buy film. I'm sure I'm not the only one in the area who shoots film; where do you get your stuff from?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I go to school in Bloomington, and so far as I have been able to tell the best way to get film in Central Illinois is Freestyle.

Shooter
    35mm
    Freestyle, B&H or Adorama. In Central IL, packages shipped FedEx Ground or UPS Ground from the east coast are delivered to my door in 2 business days.

If you're needing Kodak B&W, check out Camera Corner in Bloomington. You might be able to get film from Better Imaging/Netprintz in Urbana/Champaign. I think they're on University, across from the Amtrak station.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The first place I tried was Better Imaging. He said all he had was some slide film. The next place I tried sort of laughed at me. Another one has been turned into a barber shop.

Camera Corner in bloomington doesn't seem to list film on their website, but I'll give them a call.

Shooter
    35mm
    That makes sense that Better Imaging had slide film, since that's what they process at that location. Besides, you really should try slide film. It's addicting.

As for Camera Corner, the best way to find out if they have something is to pick up the phone and call them. They don't have any film listed on the web site but last time I was there they did have a few rolls in the fridge behind the counter. They never seem to have very much in at a time, but it's always fresh stock.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh and one more thing if you're interested in B&W - most CVS stores sell Tri-X and TMax. You can get the Kodak BW400CN film at Walgreen's. You'll pay more at CVS/Walgreen's than you would at B&H, but then you're not paying shipping either.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Camera Corner in the Quad Cities has some 35mm/120 film. I buy from them from time to time but the sad truth is it's cheaper to order online even with shipping if I buy in bulk. Sometimes I buy from Amazon where there's often no shipping charge.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin