Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,422   Online: 940

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

EMaks discontinued

EMaks graded paper has been discontinued, according to Freestyle and B&H. Both my orders were cancelled due to unavailability of product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adox Nuance is supposed to be the same paper and seems to be still available in some sizes/grades/surfaces at least. So if you need some to finish up a project or the like you might look into that. Not much help if it's a favorite paper for ongoing use, though.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Bad news for me. It was allegedly made with pig gelatin. This was the preferable paper to fix out as
    a dye transfer receiver - came out a little sharper than the more conventional options. In any event,
    what a waste of silver!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bad news for me--it was a paper I really liked and my standard enlarging paper. I've still got a stash, but I'll just adjust to something else. I've seen some Slavich prints I like, and I'm interested in Ilford Art 300.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Varycon is still around, yes?
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    EMaks graded paper has been discontinued, according to Freestyle and B&H. Both my orders were cancelled due to unavailability of product.
    Hey Mark! Hope you're well. That is bad news indeed. I used e-maks for a short time before I made the move to Multi-Grade papers. It was truly a beautiful emulsion. The grade 4 was especially lovely...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Wow. The era of premium graded papers seems to be ending. I sure miss things like the original Seagull G, Brilliant bromide, Portriga. Guess a bit of Ilford Galerie is still around. EMaks gave some
    wonderfully subtle silvery gradation which I find a bit difficult to achieve in VC papers, though on a whole, we've entered the golden age of VC quality.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw some Adox Nuance in Freestyle store in Hollywood on Saturday.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is straight from Eric:

Hello Roger,

Good question. Yes, this factory situation does affect our Arista Silver Artist series. It has been project we had been working on for quite some time and this recent news has presented a bit of a hiccup in the future production of this paper. We were quite proud of this product and were looking for continued production for the long term. The good news is that we do have three other papers on their way to us that will be very exciting. This will include Platine White Matte, BFK Rives Cream Semi-Matte, and Arches Velin Black Semi-Matte. They should be arriving in the next few weeks.

We are trying to convince Fotokemika to do a big production of the BFK Rives White Matte paper we had coated earlier this year so we can have it for a while longer.

Unfortunately, no one else has the capability of coating this emulsion on the thick fine-art base. Fotokemika’s coating technology is quite old and totally incompatible with the machinery in the other remaining coating facilities.

If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Regards,

Eric Joseph
    Senior V.P. Merchandising & Product Development
    Freestyle Photographic Supplies
    www.freestylephoto.biz
    etjoseph@freestylephoto.biz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Varycon is still around, yes?
    My understanding is that all of Efke photographic papers are being discontinued. Apparently they're fighting a losing trying to operate and maintain the vintage (i.e., old and constantly breaking down) paper coating equipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin