Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,889   Online: 1171

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    So the movie and still film production will remain in Kodak. But the marketing and distribution of the still film will be sold as a business unit???
    That is how I am understanding it. Kind of like how Fotokemika used to make ADOX's CHS line of film
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That would be a quite positive news. The production of the still film will be almost lasted as long as the production of movie film. And the film QA will be assured as high quality as we know about.

Will it branded as Kodak film? May be, and may be not.

Shooter
    35mm
    As I said in another thread:

Reality check time.

At this point, there is no assurance that Kodak will actually be able to successfully exit bankruptcy.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Branding, I bet they will do both. Freestyle currently sells house brand film that is coated by Kodak. Let's hope someone buys the Kodak still film line right...
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't help but feel a little disappointed by this news. I would much rather see Kodak film become an Ilford than continue be part of a corporate monolith which is focused on other things. Personally, I'd still like to see the film line bought out and marketed/developed as it should be.

I do think Kodak, considering the circumstances have done an amazing job (Ektar, the new Portras), but I wonder how much of that is *despite* the management, not because of it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen some images taken on the new series of cine-film (Vision 3) and they are mind-blowing. That technology in C41 chemistry and without the rem-jet backing would be an instant hit, if marketed by someone who knows how to sell stuff.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I thought Portra 400 was supposed to be based on Vision 3? That's what this guy reckons anyway:

http://www.onlandscape.co.uk/2011/05...rtra-400-film/

I also read it here:

http://www.twinlenslife.com/2010/12/...portra400.html

Although their results seem to show different results from the two. I do agree with you though, Kodak is an icon, and they could probably market that a lot better.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think the clincher in all of this is that Kodak have a modern up to date film coating line but who else can afford to set one up now given the global economic situation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    As I said in another thread:

Reality check time.

At this point, there is no assurance that Kodak will actually be able to successfully exit bankruptcy.
    This is just an observation, but I think it's interesting psychological point that in her statement this lady refers to "chapter 11", not chapter 11 bankruptcy avoiding the operative word.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bragg View Post
    I think the clincher in all of this is that Kodak have a modern up to date film coating line but who else can afford to set one up now given the global economic situation?
    I was under the impression that if anyone bought the Kodak Film division, then they would simply run the existing plant, I think to set up what Kodak has again would be waaay too much money for the size of the market, that was my impression anyway.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin