Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,283   Online: 954

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    ... this lady refers to "chapter 11", not chapter 11 bankruptcy ...
    In these parts the former is common terminology and the latter is considered repetetively redundant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good news! I just hope they don't jack up the price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't imagine they will get much for it. It's the exact part that they have been intentionally destroying for the past several years, to the point where there is almost no value remaining. The new owner will have to do all the work of rebuilding the brand, the distribution network, the supply chain, and of making the world aware that it even still exists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    I can't imagine they will get much for it. It's the exact part that they have been intentionally destroying for the past several years, to the point where there is almost no value remaining. The new owner will have to do all the work of rebuilding the brand, the distribution network, the supply chain, and of making the world aware that it even still exists.
    On what basis? This post makes zero sense...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    The price will rise, as other film prices have risen. That is natural.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It makes no sense that there is no value in the right to sell a product that most of the world believes no longer exists? In a dealer network and distribution system that has been all but wrecked?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^But aren't Freestyle's and Lomo's house brands a direct example that a market does exist?

What if one of them or maybe Formulary bought the name too?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Wall Street Journal estimated annual sales of the consumer film and associated businesses at $1.3 billion. There is some value there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    traditionally they raise their prices at least once a year by about 15%.
    in 10 years 4x5 tmy sheet film has more than doubled in price
    from 64$ / 100 sheets to 75+$ / 50 sheets ...

i have no idea what the news means, maybe the pr person from the other thread
    can help us understand what it means, other than they will no longer sell off their film
    division, except for industrial films, but sell it all off all at once to whoever might want to buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    I can't help but feel a little disappointed by this news. I would much rather see Kodak film become an Ilford than continue be part of a corporate monolith which is focused on other things. Personally, I'd still like to see the film line bought out and marketed/developed as it should be.

I do think Kodak, considering the circumstances have done an amazing job (Ektar, the new Portras), but I wonder how much of that is *despite* the management, not because of it.
    I am disappointed too. I would like to see the film manufacturing in the hands of the new company, along with the coating facility, related patents, brand names, and marketing, supply, and support responsibility. I would have liked to see Kodak contract with the new company to make its movie film. Leaving the film manufacturing to Kodak makes the new company wholly dependent upon Kodak's continued viability, and a slave to its pricing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin