Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,641   Online: 711

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Ko(nfusion)dak strikes again.

IMO it's a lie, a shill, made expressly to calm some people down so the sale can be more effective.
    After all, we've been used to kodak lying and self-destroying itself for the past decade. It's about the last company I'll trust, after all they've done.

But still, I love their products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Ko(nfusion)dak strikes again.

IMO it's a lie, a shill, made expressly to calm some people down so the sale can be more effective.
    After all, we've been used to kodak lying and self-destroying itself for the past decade. It's about the last company I'll trust, after all they've done.

But still, I love their products.
    Do you have a fact based reason for your opinion or is it based on what you had for breakfast today? Keep it fact based, not based on what you would like to believe or as Sargent Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragnet_%28series%29
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    Leaving the film manufacturing to Kodak makes the new company wholly dependent upon Kodak's continued viability, and a slave to its pricing.
    Bingo! That's why I don't see that much value, even with $1.5b current sales. What business wants to be stuck with a single supplier?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Do you have a fact based reason for your opinion or is it based on what you had for breakfast today? Keep it fact based, not based on what you would like to believe or as Sargent Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragnet_%28series%29
    What'S this "facts only" thing?
    Google anything you want to know about Kodak and its management.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Google!?
    Is it so that you might believe Google to be truth and gospel, a first stop to garner facts, especially from a complex quagmire that is Kodak? Or anything? That's a very dangerous route to take. You could try talking directly with people at the top of Kodak, but given the mire they are in I doubt they are amenable to sweet-talking the public with factual reassurances.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Google!?
    Is it so that you might believe Google to be truth and gospel, a first stop to garner facts, especially from a complex quagmire that is Kodak? Or anything? That's a very dangerous route to take. You could try talking directly with people at the top of Kodak, but given the mire they are in I doubt they are amenable to sweet-talking the public with factual reassurances.
    You guys are really funny, trying to counter-attack at all cost, about anything.

Look at what Kodak has become. Now what do you want from me exactly? Like if the abrupt E6 termination wasn't enough you are asking for more?

I said it and I'll say it again: I don't trust kodak. Too many fine products gone, too many management errors. Now what?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys are really funny, trying to counter-attack at all cost, about anything.

Look at what Kodak has become. Now what do you want from me exactly? Like if the abrupt E6 termination wasn't enough you are asking for more?

I said it and I'll say it again: I don't trust kodak. Too many fine products gone, too many management errors. Now what?
    What makes the E-6 termination abrupt? The fact that we didn't know they were discontinuing the film before they discontinued the film? IIRC, the Kodak announcement said in March that there was 6 months of stock remaining. Now, look at Adorama's site. They still have E100VS in 135 and 120, and E100G in 120 and 8x10. Kodak knew what sales figures were, and they calculated their discontinuation notices accordingly so that photographers who use that stock have the time to either stock up or test a new stock.

Would you rather have Fuji's discontinuation process? From my experience, it goes a little like this: Photographer: "Hey, this film is out of stock" Fuji: "Oh, yeah, that's been discontinued permanently" At least Kodak gives us some sort of warning.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Really it is you that is slightly amusing sometimes. Googling something has somehow become synonymous with "truth." Never mind that the majority of what you read on the internet is unconfirmed rumor. People still suck it up like it is a fact.

No, I was wrong. Now that I think a little more about it, it really isn't amusing at all. Instead it is a little sad and more than a little disturbing. We have become so accustomed to seeing a steady flow of words on the internet that we have reached the point that many, many people take it for fact. Instead of requiring confirmation we now accept someone else's rumor as being "truth."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You will not learn about Kodak's or any company's internal management from Google.

Exactly what do you not trust? If they are losing money on a product line, you do not trust that they will shut it down? If they are making money on a product line, you do not trust that they will keep it running? When Kodak shut down Kodachrome, HIE, and Ektachrome there was at least six months supply available, did you miss the announcement and therefore do not trust Kodak?

If you think that you can run Kodak better than it is run now, how about sending your resume to them?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Are you guys serious? Or are you guys really, really, really wanting me to trust that company?

I don't get this argumentation.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin