Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,515   Online: 866

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Baryta Paper for those who want to coat their own materials

Fotoimpex has just sent me samples of their new Adox Art Baryta Paper for use with Silver Halide emulsion coating, alternate photographic processes and inkjet printing.

Mirko Boeddecker of Fotoimpex has given me the opportunity to offer this new ADOX Art Baryta Paper as samples with the purchase of my book or DVD set. With the purchase of either, one pack of 8x10 (5 sheets) will be included. With the purchase of both, 2 packages will be included. This will start October 1st and will continue while supplies last.

I would like to express my thanks to Mirko at Fotoimpex, and to Bud Wilson of the Photographers Formulary for making this offer possible.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's good news. (Adding reminder to my calendar for October 1)

Are there any other unsensitized baryta papers available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Formulary sells some in 11x14 size and Fotoimpex has other sizes as well.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is another product. I have used this paper as the receiver sheet for carbon tissues. I will have to check out Fotoimpex.

http://www.altphotoproducts.com/app-...d-baryta-paper

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Ron,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and the offer of samples. I was part of the special Formulary order for baryta from Harman, so I now have a large supply (1000 sheets of 11x14). However, I have a few questions that perhaps are better directed to Mirko, but since you are in touch with all the players, I will ask you. Is this paper different than the paper that Bud got? I was under the impression that there is only one manufacturer in Germany that makes non-inkjet type baryta paper, and that most, if not all, the baryta ink-jet type paper available could have issues when coating silver-gelatin and collodion-chloride emulsions, as well as some other alt-processes, and furthermore that the baryta from Harman might not be ideal for a very few other alt-processes (this has been discussed elsewhere). The Fotoimpex site says that, inter alia, their paper is Auch als kreatives Inkjet- Barytpapier verwendbar. Now I realize it is possible that the Fotoimpex paper and the Harman paper, for that matter, could be used, and perhaps quite interestingly, for "creative ink-jet printing" without them having the dedicated, sophisticated, structure that can accept high loads of ink from a photo-quality inkjet printer. This question, for me and this list is mostly academic, since there are many baryta-type inkjet papers available for non-analog use. So, in short, is this a new and different paper which would be worth testing and comparing with the Harman paper, or is it the same product as the Formulary's stock, but perhaps available in some other sizes, and of course more easily available in Europe? I found that 1000 sheets of 11x14 is quite heavy, so had Bud ship it to my 23rd cousin who runs a parcel service in Neche, ND where I picked it up on holiday in July. Shipping costs are always an issue.

By the way, the Fotoimpex price seems similar to Bud's, give or take, depending on shipping, currency exchange, etc.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Clarence in Fort Smith, NT where it was 1 °C when I got up this morning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE, what's your book/DVD about?
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clarence;

I cannot comment on this paper used for the purposes of inkjet printing. I have not tried it yet, and am merely taking the information from the statement supplied to me. I can say that there are some inkjet papers that cannot be coated on with Silver halide emulsions. During processing, the paper turns brown, as it mordants some photographic processing chemicals.

There are several manufacturers of photo grade paper in Europe. I am told that the paper sold by the Formulary and this paper come from different factories. I have coated on both and they differ slightly in gloss and tone. The paper from Fotoimpex is slightly warmer in tone and has a different gloss to it. It seems to me to be more of a Luster.

Kenton;

My book and DVDs are titled "Photographic Emulsion Making Coating and Testing". Ads here on APUG will redirect you to locations that sell them. Or, you can contact me directly via PM.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Ron,

Thanks for the info. I had mistakenly thought that Schoeller was the only manufacturer left. Also, I see now that I missed Mirko's post introducing ADOX Art Baryta in May. I'll have to give it a go.

Cheers,
    Clarence

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin