Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New instant film camera from Fujifilm

Hello,

to this years Photokina Fujifilm is introducing a new Instax instant film camera:

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n120912.html

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, Henning. That is a rather small image size, but I hope the camera does well for Fuji. Anything to keep instant film production alive is a good thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just don't understand why all their instax cameras have to be so 'cute'. I understand the demographic they are going for, and grant it, I'm no longer in my teens or twenties, but even back when I was I would not have bought a pink or baby blue camera. That being said, sales in instax must be doing well if they are offering a new camera.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish they would make a simple camera that works with their instant pack film. I don't need one as I have a couple of old Polaroid pack cameras, but I think it would be popular with people who find the Instax prints too small. If popular it would help sales of the film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    I wish they would make a simple camera that works with their instant pack film. I don't need one as I have a couple of old Polaroid pack cameras, but I think it would be popular with people who find the Instax prints too small. If popular it would help sales of the film.
    The Instax 210 is pretty large. Have you seen that film?

Shooter
    35mm
    I wish they still made Fujifilm FI-800GT instant film so I could fire up some of my old Kodak Instant Cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    Thank you, Henning. That is a rather small image size, but I hope the camera does well for Fuji. Anything to keep instant film production alive is a good thing.
    They are offering two different images sizes and films. The small 'mini' size (that is this new model for), and the much bigger size of 62mm x 98mm of the Instax 210 camera.
    I am using the 210 Instax and the picture quality is very good for an instant system. Better than the original Polaroid.

Excellent for entertaining your little children (they love watching at the slowly developing picture in front of their eyes, it's pure magic for them), for parties and especially weddings: You took portraits of all the guests, put them in a photo album and all the portraied guests write some personal comments / wishes for the couple below their picture. Then you present this album to the couple yet at the wedding party.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Rachelle,

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I just don't understand why all their instax cameras have to be so 'cute'. I understand the demographic they are going for, and grant it, I'm no longer in my teens or twenties, but even back when I was I would not have bought a pink or baby blue camera.
    I wouldn't do, either . My instax camera is black .

But lots of teenage girls and younger women love these funky colours. And that is a big market for Fuji. They probably sell much more cameras due to the fact that they offer them not only in one, but also in other (fashionable) colours.
    Look also at the whole range of Holga and Lomography cameras, which are offered in lots of different colours.
    There is indeed a big demand for this colour alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    That being said, sales in instax must be doing well if they are offering a new camera.
    They are, indeed. Fujifilm has also invested in marketing activities supporting the distributors in Instax sales, and dedicated websites e.g. http://www.fujifilm-instax.de/ .

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Better than the original Polaroid.

That's because it doesn't use Polaroid technology; it uses the Kodak Instant Film technology.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This camera is interesting, one problem with digital is that very few images are ever printed hence the need for Instant cameras and their prints in a Digital age.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin