Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,750   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

"We proccess film" is becoming a rare sign

I haven't seen one lately.
    http://makingKodakFilm.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails StillProcessFilm081028.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That's awesome. Glad to see it.

I was recently in Newport (Rhode Island) and delighted at seeing a sign that read, "Camera Film."

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Maybe I will stick one on my front door...
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1

Jeff

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    When in Caernarvon earlier this year I took a shot of a touristy shop that still had a large, old sign above the door saying simply "Films". I had it in mind to take such photos whenever I see them but I haven't seen any others since.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I posted that (same or similar) several months ago. Our Walgreen's is proud to announce that they still process film... and have been doing such advertisement for the past 8 months or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Los Angeles-20120103-00014.jpg   Los Angeles-20120103-00015.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    They process instant cameras! Does that mean disposables? And "rolled film"?? I am assuming these terms are some of the differences between US and UK english (I am British btw) otherwise it would not inspire confidence in the processing service

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Martin... I suspect that the message writer is neither American nor British in origin. By "rolled" they mean 35mm cassette and by "instant" they indeed mean disposable. When one lives in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual society then one needs to be a bit forgiving with regard to language skills. ... and add to that "multi-generational"... in many camera stores today they've only "heard about" film before.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    When one lives in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual society then one needs to be a bit forgiving with regard to language skills. ... and add to that "multi-generational"...
    Add to that the fact that a great number of native-born, English-as-a-first-language people can not spell, punctuate, or assemble a sentence correctly.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, fair enough. Through the ambiguity I was wildly optimistic that they had a machine for 120 too. The last place I saw a one-hour type place that did 120 as well as 135 was in Arles - and they did an extremely good job too.

Slightly connected, I went to the local supermarket (in my medium sized town 160k people) and heard the cashier slip in to English to another customer. I asked about that (in Dutch of course) and she said that to work on the till you had to speak at least Dutch, German and English . . . I was surprised somewhat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin