Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,171   Online: 821

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    My initial reaction is that this is great. I'm glad to see Fuji taking notice that sales of film products can still be a profit maker. My second thought is what about 120?? That was the format where Fuji Neopan 400 really shines and for years it was my staple film stock.

However, overall this is why I am no longer shooting with Fuji products. When rumours began circulating that Fuji Neopan 400 in 35mm was discontinued I wrote to Fuji directly. The response I received was that Neopan 400 in 35mm was NOT discontinued and Fuji had no intention of dropping it. Evidently other Fuji employees disagree. I am so tired of the mixed messages.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes there is never any clear cut information from Fuji which has always been a pain.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would kill to have 120 Neopan 400 again. That was, and is, the only film that I ever truly mastered and loved...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    From the information I gained reading the original post, the Fuji rep has to be talking about 120. 35mm Neopan 400 was never discontinued. And the mentioning of the raw material problem links it to the 120 version also. That was the reason 120 was discontinued! If 120 neopan 400 gets re-introduced that would be amazing. I believe there's some confusion between rep and the original poster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Yes there is never any clear cut information from Fuji which has always been a pain.
    +1.
    Their worldwide communication policy is often quite chaotic. A global player should do much better.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Yea because there was not much information regarding the discontinuation of 120 Neopan 400 I held hope that it would be re-introduced in the future, much like Velvia 50 was.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, I just pulled up the FUji USA site and found this:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...400/index.html

They have it listed as available in both 35mm and 120! This is promising.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photokina 2012: Fuji Neopan 400 is back

If this is 120 they meant (I too do not recall 35mm being discontinued) maybe I should sell my 120 Neopan 400 stash at big money before this news gets out! ;-)

Then again maybe I should wait. I remember Grandma's famous cake recipe never tasted quite as good when she replaced the sugar with Splenda....

I'd like to thank all here for spelling Fuji correctly and not calling it Fugi. Now if we can work on all those "Across" people....
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photokina 2012: Fuji Neopan 400 is back

I remember the end of freestyle carrying their rebranded arista version of neopan 400 in 135. That was last year. I thought that was tied into all of this as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We could call it Fudgi, haha

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin