Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,942   Posts: 1,557,590   Online: 1211

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm down to 8 rolls out of the 40 I bought last year....am I dreaming???? http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...400/index.html
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    I'm down to 8 rolls out of the 40 I bought last year....am I dreaming???? http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...400/index.html
    Call it dreaming or wishful thinking... I'll believe it when I see some new in stock somewhere!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great! Anxious to try it. Love Acros 100.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Seriously, this just made my night. HOLY CRAP I HOPE THIS IS REAL!!!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know, I couldn't believe this thread when I read it this morning even though the OP was referring to 135 Neopan 400 I'm positive he had to be talking about 120 considering the talk of the chemical that caused production to cease. The only hope I'm holding onto now is that the Fuji USA site has it listed as available in 35mm and 120. Who knows, maybe someone just forgot to remove this from the site!! Does anyone know if this was listed as so months ago??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neopan 400 in 120 is wonderful stuff. I love it because I feel I can get such a variety of looks from different exposures and development. In theory you can do that with any film but somehow Neopan 400 really shines in this aspect for me. I have a decent amount still stashed away in 120 and in 35mm bulk rolls of Legacy Pro 400 but would really love to relax and not worry about my twindling supply...

Albany roof garden macro SL66 80Planar(old) Neopan400 Rodinal 1-50 9min30sec 22C 1minAg 2008-06 ES 4990 001 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr

El Cerrito Hills Park Rolleiflex2-8EPlanar Neopan400 D-76 1-1 9min30sec 20C VS 007 FF by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr

Mimi Albany playground Rolleiflex3-5Planar Neopan400 D-76stock 6min 20C 1minAg2x 10-2011 VSmac 9000 Scan-120226-0003 by rich8155 (Richard Sintchak), on Flickr
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope this all comes about. A few years back I bought a couple of 120 rolls to try. Shot a roll in my Perkeo II and was favorably impressed, shortly after, the discontinuation was announced. Almost made me afraid to try another new-to-me film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photokina 2012: Fuji Neopan 400 is back

BTW, what's the story with Neopan 1600? Is that still around?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    BTW, what's the story with Neopan 1600? Is that still around?
    I don't believe so, but Fuji is showing they will bring back films if the demand is there, and with Kodak just canceling TMZ, the time might be ripe.

I've not used Neopan 1600 other than one roll in a camera that I'm shooting now that someone offered here in exchange for a print from it. I do use TMZ in 35mm and Delta 3200 in 120 and planned to just go to Delta 3200 in both, but I'd certainly give Neopan 1600 a shot.

Mixed news today really. This is great news. The new Jobo processor is great news, even if pricey. The new Rollei cameras are good news, falling short of great news for those of us who'd never drop that much money on a film camera. Discontinuation of TMZ, not good news.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    UPDATE: I sent an email to Fuji and got this sad news in response:

Dear Kyle,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM North America Corporation. Please allow us to assist you.

We do not currently have any information regarding a potential reintroduction of Neopan 400 film in North America. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience.

We sincerely hope this information has been beneficial to you. If you should have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. It would be our pleasure to assist you again.

Thank you for your interest in FUJIFILM products and services.

Respectfully,

Damion
    Authorized Customer Care Representative
    Customer Care, Imaging Division
    FUJIFILM North America Corporation
    Email: contactfuji@fujifilm.com

-------------------------------------------

So either they are holding their cards in close--maybe planning a rollout continent by continent, or it's all a sham. Please please please please bring it back!
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin