Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,980   Online: 934

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That really doesn't mean much. If a Fuji rep told Henning in Germany it was coming back, this probably just means they've told people at the trade show before they told their own North American distributor, which is stupid but not surprising for Fuji. They do many things right. Communication is not one of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    That really doesn't mean much. If a Fuji rep told Henning in Germany it was coming back, this probably just means they've told people at the trade show before they told their own North American distributor, which is stupid but not surprising for Fuji. They do many things right. Communication is not one of them.
    I agree. Henning's post goes into some pretty serious detail of his discussion, face to face and as to what was displayed at Photokina by Fuji. That vs. what a rep in the US said, in writing, in an email? Guess which I lend more credence to? (and wish for!)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, the reason I sent in the inquiry is because it's still listed on their product website and I looked at a google cache snapshot from september and it was still there. You'd think they would know what's on their site..
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Well, the reason I sent in the inquiry is because it's still listed on their product website and I looked at a google cache snapshot from september and it was still there. You'd think they would know what's on their site..
    Knowing the history of Fuji and Kodak as to what their websites say and what the reality is, this is no surprise....but yes, the inquiry was a valid one for sure! Thanks for trying.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Call me pessimistic about getting to an unequivocal statement that covers both 135 and more importantly in the U.K. the situation on 120 but I have a terrible feeling that the first I will know of the real story is when a U.K. based APUGer reports in a post that he has found some fresh 120 Neopan 400 at a film retailer or the story dies a death after several weeks and we can take it that its the last we will hear of any re-start of 120.

If the film industry was as healthy and as vigorous as the film rumour industry then we'd be back to boom time

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    BH and Adorama both list it as disconitued, so I guess time will tell if that title ever gets lifted from the page. Interesting how long these people leave these things up for though.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I did not read the entire thread, but when i went to the Fuji film booth (practically an entire hall), and asked around, there was no one to talk to me about film other then a lady behind a counter which handed me a chromo single page brochure of what she called "all remaining films...".
    I walked around some more, and asked a few more people, but found only instax stuff going on.

Inside the the Fuji Cine lens display case, were also displayed, anonymously, the entire line of Fuji LF lenses. When i asked about those, Fuji's Cine lens product manager for Germany said that he never saw anything like that before, and that a rep form Japan had hand carried them and decided last minute to display them, and that they are not marketed anywhere outside of japan, but he promised, that if i email him he will get me the pertinent info, if i wanted.

All that not so great stuff aside, after seeing so many silver based\film\analog stuff traded\displayed\promoted i only have a positive perspective coming out of the show.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This does not surprise me.
    That Fuji Rep had a few very interesting points about what the state of B&W is from Fuji's perspective.
    Yay! Maybe now I can use up my frozen 120 rolls and Buy Some More.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    I hope this all comes about. A few years back I bought a couple of 120 rolls to try. Shot a roll in my Perkeo II and was favorably impressed, shortly after, the discontinuation was announced. Almost made me afraid to try another new-to-me film!

This is exactly my experience as well. I moved on to TMY2, but it's never treated me as well. Let's hope this is for real.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Agreed, on 120 Neopan 400. That film, in DDX, was the first film/soup combo I liked enough to put in the effort to really learn well both for printing and scanning. Beautiful greys.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin