Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,909   Online: 1066

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for that. Of course the 3 questions with their attendant risks that Fuji has to ask itself when considering 120 also applies to 35mm. The answers to the three questions you pose above might have been: "No", "no" and "none" and yet it has taken the chance of re-starting it in 35mm . I don't know the economics of re-starting the 35mm film but I do wonder whether a "let's wait and see" approach about starting the 120 makes sense.

It might have been sensible to re-start both together to send a message to Fuji users that Fuji was still into B&W film for the long term

I suspect that if Ilford had been faced with the same problem as Fuji and had then solved the issue concerning the banned material it would have re-launched both together.

Ilford had to rise like the mythical phoenix out of the ashes when it was bought out and there must have been a great temptation to re-start cautiously but it sent out a loud and clear message that it was committed and it seems to have worked.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photokina 2012: Fuji Neopan 400 is back

Was it even definitively determined that 35m Neopan was actually officially "gone" in order to be be "back" or are we still just speculating?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Was it even definitively determined that 35m Neopan was actually officially "gone" in order to be be "back" or are we still just speculating?
    As already explained here in the thread, the responsible Fujifilm Manager told me at Photokina that there has been a production stop. I think Fujifilm itself should know it....
    And the film was definitely not available in some major markets for quite some time.
    And now it is available again.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    And the film was definitely not available in some major markets for quite some time. And now it is available again.
    True for continental Europe as far as I know. Fortunately I had enough stock to bridge the gap.

It's my favourite film and I'm sooo happy to see its return. Less happy with the pricing (paid 3.80 euros in June 2011 vs. 5.60 euros today), but I won't complain about that, unless I should want to complain about the world economy as a whole- rather a pointless act.

Thanks a lot to you Henning for providing us with so much accurate information on this and on other subjects. In the absence of manufacturers letting us know what they're up to (talking Fuji and Kodak, not Ilford, obviously), people in the know like you are a joy to have around.

Will you apply for a job at Fuji's film division and bring us back Neopan 400-120?

Sander

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Was it even definitively determined that 35mm Neopan was actually officially "gone" in order to be be "back" or are we still just speculating?
    B&H didn't have it. #goldstandard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Sander,

Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    True for continental Europe as far as I know. Fortunately I had enough stock to bridge the gap.

It's my favourite film and I'm sooo happy to see its return. Less happy with the pricing (paid 3.80 euros in June 2011 vs. 5.60 euros today), but I won't complain about that, unless I should want to complain about the world economy as a whole- rather a pointless act.
    well, Fujifilm has to face two severe problems concerning costs and pricing:
    1. The rising costs for raw materials and energy.
    2. The exchange rate: The Japanese Yen increased by about 60% compared to the Euro during the last five years.
    If we consider these factors, it is obvious that the price with the new production must be significantly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by sandermarijn View Post
    Thanks a lot to you Henning for providing us with so much accurate information on this and on other subjects. In the absence of manufacturers letting us know what they're up to (talking Fuji and Kodak, not Ilford, obviously), people in the know like you are a joy to have around.
    Thank you very much! I try to do my very best to give all of you the most accurate information.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Still wondering if it is back or Gone...

Just for fun I ordered some Neopan 400 from Both Freestyle and B&H.

The roll I just got from Freestyle was emuslion 281 006 with a 7/2014 expiry.
    The film I got from B&H was Emuslion 281 003 with a 10/2013 date
    late last year I got some pro packs with emulsion 281-005 and a 5/2014 date
    Prior to that I got some emusion 281 002 with a 07/2013 date

Note the common batch number of 281. Anyone seen a fresher batch?
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post

No, the rolls I received this week (from a seller in Hong Kong, as the price was good) are 281004 and with expiry dates of 2014.01 and 2014.02

Shooter
    35mm
    Best 400 speed B/W film ever made. :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still wondering if it is back or Gone...
    Well, I've explained it several times here in the thread. O.k., one last time again....

The facts are:

- the film was re-introduced at Photokina 2012
    - I got this information at the Fujifilm booth also directly from the responsible Product-& Key Account Manager, Photo Imaging Products
    - at Photokina the film was presented both in the showcase at the booth, and in the film flyer / brochures there
    - that was visible for all visitors at the booth
    - at Photokina the major film distributors also have received direct information from Fujifilm, that Neopan 400 (135) will be available again in autumn 2012.
    - this film has not been available in many major markets, and since last autumn it is there available again.

In Germany last December Neopan 400 with batch number 281 007, expiry date 2014 / 10 has been sold.

Best regards,
    Henning

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin