Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,031   Online: 929

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Photokina 2012: Fuji Neopan 400 is back

Hello,

I've visited this years Photokina and besides their new Instax camera and two new silver halide colour photo papers (for the increasing market of photobooks) Fujifilm presented the re-introduced Neopan 400 (135). Visible both in the showcase and the brochures at their booth.
    I talked about Neopan 400 with the responsible Fujifilm manager, and he told me the reasons for the Neopan 400 comeback are

- Fujifilm has successfully solved the problems with one raw material, which caused the former production stop
    - they see increasing demand in this film segment
    - in Germany the Fujifilm BW film sales of the last three years have been the highest they ever had (new sales record)
    - there is an increasing interest in film from younger photographers.

He said that if there is new interest and sufficient / increasing demand than Fujifilm is in principle willing to re-introduce films. At least there is no "if the production has stopped, the product will never, ever come back" policy at Fujifilm.
    It's all about demand.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You mean it was discontinued? When?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favourite film is coming back!
    Is this too good to be true or is it really happening?

Shooter
    35mm
    That is very good news indeed.

Before I started with APUG I was thinking just how long are things going to continue at this level. I didn't think silver based photography would founder and disappear completely, but I could see the differing quantity and types of materials getting less and less. Now it seems there is at least a slight resurgence of the things we need to continue - and long may it do so. I bit of a choice in E6 reversal films would be very welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this true? My favourite 35mm film. That would be fabulous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photokina 2012: Fuji Neopan 400 is back

120? Did he say anything about 120??
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I believe the 35mm was never discontinued...I wish people would get it straight when they launch this info on the public....it's the 120 we want...a duh!! well discussed here etc.....
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingartemis View Post
    You mean it was discontinued? When?
    Due the responsible Fujifilm Manager I've talked to at Photokina yes, it was discontinued.
    And some time ago (about one year ago if I remember right) a friend of mine, who can speak Japanese, told me that there has been an official statement on the Japanese Fujifilm website.
    I remember quite well the rush on this film in Germany when it was here officially discontinued.
    And I know that Neopan 400 135 has indeed been available in the UK and Japan without interruption.
    My guess: Either the last batches of the last production has been sold there, or maybe the first batches of the new production has been shipped to these markets, leading to a supply without interruption. But honestly, it is a guess, I don't know for sure.

Well, the official statement of Fujifilm at Photokina was, that the film is in production again.

First shipments in Germany are expected at the end of October, beginning November.
    At the Maco Photo booth (Maco/Rollei-Film, macodirect.de) they told me that they have already got a notice from Fujifilm that Neopan 400 is available again, and at the above mentioned date.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well here in Germany as far as I know the information was that it was gone for good. I would love to have it as sheet film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    120? Did he say anything about 120??
    AFAIK currently only 135.
    Probably Fujifilm is just a bit cautious. Looking how well the 135 is accepted. The responsible manager told me that they of course don't know really how much customers have already switched to other films and will stay there.
    How big is the loyalty to the film. They have to wait and see. If the re-introduction is successful, maybe then 120 will follow.

If you want Neopan 120, then the best is shoot much of it in 135 to show there is demand, and simultaneously tell both your distributor and Fujifilm that you want this film also in 120 format.

Best regards,
    Henning

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin