Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,137   Online: 868

View Poll Results: Which Professional Kodak still film will be the next to die?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portra 160

8 6.45%
  • Portra 400

0 0%
  • Portra 800

31 25.00%
  • Ektar 100

6 4.84%
  • T-Max 400

2 1.61%
  • T-Max 100

3 2.42%
  • Tri-X 320

23 18.55%
  • Tri-X 400

1 0.81%
  • BW400CN

50 40.32%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    they would make a BOATLOAD of instant cash if they sold master rolls of film to someplace like photowarehouse
    who has years and years of experience cutting and notching and repackaging film for specialty sheet film shooters.
    they did this for years with "made in england" film ( olde ilford ) and there are enough people who shoot everything
    from 2.5x.5 - 20x24 ( and larger ) and everything inbetween ... they could sell a master roll in a matter of months.
    whenever there is a special order of film, people come out of the woodwork and buy a freezer full of it, or a handful of boxes.

i find it crazy that they don't do something like that, seeing people who shoot those sizes yearn for film to shoot
    and often times wait and wait and wait for the special orders to come around ....
    I'm a huge fan of Tri-X 400 and would love to see it in sheets, so I totally support this. 320 just isn't quite the same.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The next Kodak film to die? Place bets now!

Next Kodak film I vote will cease production is all of them at once... (Please note, I don't want this a all, just my prediction).

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grim thread.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Care to comment to me which of the Fuji films will die next? Try me!
    The post is nonsensical and hurtful. The much better thing you can do is to continue using and enjoying film and the images created from it — while you still have it, irrespective of who is making it and what.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Care to comment to me which of the Fuji films will die next? Try me!
    The post is nonsensical and hurtful. The much better thing you can do is to continue using and enjoying film and the images created from it — while you still have it, irrespective of who is making it and what.
    Velvia 50 - the slowest colour film available - if it's not already gone. This thread is a little harmless fun; lighten up dudes - it's only the internets, innit...

Cheers,
    kevs
    testing...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin