Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,200   Posts: 1,659,182   Online: 687
      
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Tri X

  1. #41
    adelorenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanstarr View Post
    ....I didn't bother reading the rest of the posts, but I live in Canada too and Henry's sells 100ft bulk rolls cheaper than anywhere in the world I'm told. Even B&H doesn't match them. But don't tell Henry's...just keep buying. I get my brother to buy them for me for an additional 10% off for student discounts, so I get like 6 bulk rolls at a time. Works out to less than $3/roll for me. I have about 8 in my freezer right now and looking to buy more.
    Bulk rolls of Tri-X are $10 cheaper than Henys at Beau Photo... Even cheaper if you buy 20+ at a time. I don't shoot 35mm but I just picked up a pile of 120 Tri-X from them.

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228

    Tri X

    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Bulk rolls of Tri-X are $10 cheaper than Henys at Beau Photo... Even cheaper if you buy 20+ at a time. I don't shoot 35mm but I just picked up a pile of 120 Tri-X from them.
    Maybe I'm just not navigating the site right, but I looked at Beau's and they seem to only have a few films available, and only in 35mm film, except the TIP film they have which is the "cool" film, which is the old generation film that's all bad and not the "color protection" film that TIP now sells, so what am I missing?


    ~Stone

    http://www.stonenyc.com

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    62

    Tri X

    Just wanted to that I am another ontario film shooter that buys from the states. I regularly buy from BHphoto and freestyle. We have a darkroom at work (sometimes god smiles at you) and we have been getting our chemistry there too.
    The shipping is not too bad from these places and you know what it is before you place the order. I have ordered some of that Arista tri x stuff and it worked out to be cheap.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Southern Ontario-ish
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    575
    even with the price creep, Arista Premium is still a better option (for me and many others I'm presuming) than bulking. Less work and fresh cassettes.

    fwiw, as of a few seconds ago, Henrys was listing 100' Tri X for....get this, $104.99. Pretty sure that's a typo though

  5. #45
    georg16nik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    882
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    ......I've heard the Rollei CR200 film is, but I haven't actually seen it listed for sale in bulk...
    At least in Germany it was always available in bulk. There are several films made by Agfa-Gevaert available in bulk as 35mm and 70mm, including the infrared ones, all reasonably priced.

    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    ...a few seconds ago, Henrys was listing 100' Tri X for....get this, $104.99. Pretty sure that's a typo though
    In Germany Tri X is priced even more than that. Think ~ $130 Of course almost nobody buy it. You can get a few 100' perfect Fomapan rolls for that price.
    Last edited by georg16nik; 10-27-2012 at 09:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228

    Tri X

    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    At least in Germany it was always available in bulk. There are several films made by Agfa-Gevaert available in bulk as 35mm and 70mm, including the infrared ones, all reasonably priced.



    In Germany Tri X is priced even more than that. Think ~ $130 Of course almost nobody buy it. You can get a few 100' perfect Fomapan rolls for that price.
    Wait can you link that site where I can buy fresh 70mm?? Infrared you say?? In 70mm?? Please share that precious info!


    ~Stone

    The Important Ones - Canon: AE-1, 1V | Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Mamiya: RZ67 Pro II, 7 II

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #47
    georg16nik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    882
    Images
    15
    Sure, http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-infr...05m-p-428.html
    Rollei Infrared 400S 70mm x 30,5m
    Double perforated, 70mm x 30.5m,.
    Suitable for Hasselblad 70mm film magazine.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    8,093
    Images
    228

    Tri X

    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    Sure, http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-infr...05m-p-428.html
    Rollei Infrared 400S 70mm x 30,5m
    Double perforated, 70mm x 30.5m,.
    Suitable for Hasselblad 70mm film magazine.
    Thank you this is awesome!!


    ~Stone

    The Important Ones - Canon: AE-1, 1V | Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Mamiya: RZ67 Pro II, 7 II

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    MattKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Delta, British Columbia, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    13,840
    Images
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Maybe I'm just not navigating the site right, but I looked at Beau's and they seem to only have a few films available, and only in 35mm film, except the TIP film they have which is the "cool" film, which is the old generation film that's all bad and not the "color protection" film that TIP now sells, so what am I missing?


    ~Stone

    http://www.stonenyc.com

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The site uses "Frames"

    Try the "Film, Chemistry and Darkroom Papers" PDF link on this frame: http://www.beauphoto.com/frames/filmnew/pricing.html
    Matt

    “Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

    Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

  10. #50
    georg16nik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    882
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thank you this is awesome!!


    ~Stone ..
    You are welcome!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin