Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,856   Online: 1212

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tri X

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Maybe I'm just not navigating the site right, but I looked at Beau's and they seem to only have a few films available, and only in 35mm film, except the TIP film they have which is the "cool" film, which is the old generation film that's all bad and not the "color protection" film that TIP now sells, so what am I missing?

~Stone

http://www.stonenyc.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The site uses "Frames"

Try the "Film, Chemistry and Darkroom Papers" PDF link on this frame: http://www.beauphoto.com/frames/filmnew/pricing.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Thank you this is awesome!!

~Stone ..
    You are welcome!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Tri X

Thanks Matt

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm

Mail order or shop locally

I get almost all my photo needs mail order from B&H, Freestyle, Calumet, and even Maco from Germany. Better selection and lower prices. I stock up at all of them several times a year. I live in a medium size town in the USA and there are at least 2 small mom and pop photo stores that have been around for decades within a few miles that sell Tri-X 135 by the brick and other films in smaller quantities. They charge about $1.50 more per roll than the mail order places but I don't mind keeping a local business going that can always sell me a bunch of TX right away when I need some right this second. One of these stores even keeps a decent supply of Kodak and Ilford chemistry and paper, always in stock whenever I come in. Prices are higher but not out of line and sometimes actually less because I don't have to pay shipping for something that weighs a ton like a 5 litre jug of Ilford rapid fix. They just got a whole shelf in of new jugs. Somebody besides me must be buying all this stuff, as the rest of the store is entirely digital. So I send some of my business their way. It might cost me a few extra bucks now, but I am looking at the future. Do you want to be at the mercy of mail order for every last thing?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin