Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,598   Online: 751

Shooter
    35mm

"Evidence" of some old 35mm Ferrania 100 still available

Just a heads up for those seeking some cheap color film. You may have seen this listing on ebay and wondered about it:

"CHEAPEST ON EBAY!! 35mm COLOR FILM 24 EXP 100 ISO 08/07"

Looks pretty ghetto right? Police evidence film! Well, I picked up a bunch of it and it's re(de)branded Ferrania. And, it seems to have aged fairly well.

For those looking for a change from the cheap Kodak Gold or Fuji Superia, this is a nice deal. Some of us actually liked Ferrania and were sorry to see it go, so I was happy to discover this. If you hate Ferrania, well then just move along :-)

I have no affiliation with the seller. I don't get a cut. Just passing along my discovery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferrania-.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	58441

Shooter
    35mm
    Also, wanted to point out that the 75 cents shipping is on the whole order, at least for the quantity and at my USA location. 7 rolls came out to $20 on the nose.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sorry to say this, but it is expired!
    The best thing to do would be to recycle it! Or throw away!
    BTW, Ferrania rolls in ISO 100, 200, 400 and 800 are still around the Ebay and still in-date: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lomofilmsho...=p4634.c0.m322

There's also Lucky Colour available fresh!
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently bought almost but not quite expired Solaris FG 200 via eBay from a German retailer für € 1,-- per roll.
    quite cool film actually, pleasing colour, in a way...shot 22 rolls á 24 exposures while in Iceland

Shooter
    35mm
    Fotoimpex semms to have a stock of Solaris 100, but I have no idea how old it is. Since it's really cheap, I might throw in a couple of rolls during my next order.

http://www.fotoimpex.de/cgi-bin/shop...Solaris&items=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it has decent sharpness, but hates underexposure it seems

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    I'm sorry to say this, but it is expired!
    The best thing to do would be to recycle it! Or throw away!
    You know film doesn't magically stop being able to register images on the date it expires, right? I've seen a lot of this today on APUG, and unless you're shooting product photos or magazine covers, it's mostly just so much handwringing.

I've shot Ilford HP5 from 1999, Polaroid 669 from 1982, Verichrome Pan from 1978 and they all registered images. There was color shift on the Polaroid (which I wanted), and base fog on the Verichrome, but they all produced usable, printable images. Hell, I couldn't tell any difference on the HP5.

Shoot it. Film is tough stuff.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    And never, EVER throw film away. There's dozens of us here on APUG who will be happy to take it off your hands.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Another cheap colour print film which can be had on ebay (if you search) is called Sunny but you have to import it from Chinese suppliers. Only in 35mm and 100 and 200 speeds. It doesn't seem to be made by Lucky, but I may be wrong.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin