Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,584   Online: 932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more 6.5x9?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

No more 6.5x9?

I've been out of circulation for a while, just busy with life and behind on photo stuff, and only now came back to find out about the tragic demise of Efke/Fotokemika. Am I right in thinking that this means no one at all is left selling 6.5x9 film, and my Recomar 18 now represents an orphaned format?

There's still Fomapan in 9x12, and if Fotoimpex bring up a replacement line for their Efke offerings I hope they'll offer 9x12 as well, but I think neither of those ever had 6.5x9 as a regular offering and it seems unlikely that they would be in a hurry to move into the niche Efke have vacated. Is there any other source I'm not thinking of (apart from cutting film down, of course)?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think Ilford still makes it. There was a great Voigtlander going on ebay a few weeks ago that I always wanted, but I let the camera go because I was worried about getting 6.5x9 film. If still available from Ilford, I hope Freestyle picks it up.

Kent in SD

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Ilford Product Availability List (http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...1552402063.pdf) shows 6.5x9cm FP4 Plus as a stock item, catalog number 1678352. So it should be possible to order it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a relief. It's not like I shoot large quantities of this format, but it's nice to be able to; actually it's a lovely format for miniature contact prints, and I should use it more.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wephota in Germany still lists several b&w films in 6.5x9cm.

Furthermore all weird sizes up to 20x24".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford 6.5x9 is available only in Europe - it is not imported in the USA. Two years ago I tried to order some through Freestyle during Ilford's 'special order' offer but was told that the 6.5x9 would not be available for export.
    I stocked up during a recent stay in Europe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Renato,

I am a little surprised, I presume you buy from FREESTYLE but as it is a 'Stock Item' our US distributor WYNIT can order it from us ( they may have a small MOQ - Minimum order quantity ) so your reseller FREESTYLE can order it from WYNIT, if you order it from them, and it may take four weeks or so. If for some reason this is a problem I will ensure it goes onto the ULF run in 2013.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anybody spot the mistake above.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon - Thank you for the clarification.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to everyone for the clarifications. I'll check with Freestyle about pricing and availability when I have a chance---failing that, I know a lot of people who travel regularly between Europe and the States, so I could probably get someone to bring back an order for me.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin