Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,973   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm just so down now that Reala is gone. I had held out high hopes that Fuji would not discontinue this film, only to be dashed.

Well, here's to Reala. A short love while it lasted.

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2012...in-120-format/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Isn't that the only C41 film Fuji makes, or made, in 120 besides 400H?

We must save Kodak. Portra 160, 400 and Ektar 100 are superb, wonderful films, but the are all that is left (aside from 400H and some consumer stuff in 35mm.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Isn't that the only C41 film Fuji makes, or made, in 120 besides 400H?

We must save Kodak. Portra 160, 400 and Ektar 100 are superb, wonderful films, but the are all that is left (aside from 400H and some consumer stuff in 35mm.)

I can find 160S easily in 120, but I have heard that this is discontinued too. I swear Fujifilm's lack of communication is borderline criminal. Reala was an awesome film and losing this is a big blow to my thoughts about film. How can Fuji claim to be committed to film when they are clearly cutting bone now, not fat.

Kodak Porta is very good, but also very expensive here in China. It is significantly more expensive but I have started shooting it since I am now out of 400H. I wanted to try it and like my results so far. It's just the cost, and seriously, I dont believe for a second that Kodak is going to survive.

I know b & w is fairly secure, but I dont see myself shooting film if I have to exclusively shoot it. I need to shoot color too. Yet color film seems VERY threatened now.

I may hoard Reala. My dealer has a lot of it in stock. I could buy a years worth easily or more. I have to think about this. News like this is a big shock to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for this sad info!

Just ordered 10x 5-pack 120!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Large Format
    That was my favorite color film by far. It was a revelation to me when I first tried it in 35mm. Everything else I'd shot up to that time seemed either too hyped up or dull. The Reala had a very natural look to me.

I still have a dozen or so rolls of 120 and at most 1 or 2 in 35mm, but have mostly given up on film for color anyway (other than my Cirkut work). I never enjoyed color printing or scanning, and commercial labs are nearly all digital printing now.

BTW, do we really know this is a fact. I have gotten incorrect information from Fuji USA in the past. Sorry if I missed it here, but is there an official announcement.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sad news indeed, when 35mm was cut I bought 30 rolls, that should see me for a few summers. I've never really got on with the 120 version and I think that's because all the MF cameras I've had have had slower lenses and that plus British summers means lots of 1/30 shutter speeds or a tripod which I rarely like to lug.

Currently the film is easy to obtain in Europe and Fuji UK said around a year ago that 120 Reala was a big seller.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm

I hate to ask....(Reala 120)

Damn!
    My favourite c41....must grab a bunch of 120...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It really looks like Fuji and Kodak did some behind the scenes talking - "You can have C41 and motion picture, we will take E6"
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Man, those are nice shots
    Wish I had a chance to use them

At PhotoPlusExpo, the Fuji rep said it was going to be gone by the end of the year, that was quick...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is still listed without remark at their site.

So, why not sit down, have a cup of green tea and wait...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin