Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,309   Online: 1080

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    They should make a film that, when you process it in C-41 chemistry, produces a color negative, when you develop it in E-6 it produces color positive transparencies and when you develop it in D-76, produces black and white.
    No, I want a film that will produce a color transparencie, color negative, black and white negative and black and white transparence, all at the same time without a lot of messey chemicals, and then can be pull and tugged to any size from 35mm to 8X10. I guess we already have it, it s called digital.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    No, I want a film that will produce a color transparencie, color negative, black and white negative and black and white transparence, all at the same time without a lot of messey chemicals, and then can be pull and tugged to any size from 35mm to 8X10. I guess we already have it, it s called digital.
    Your guess is more than far from reality. digital is not film. And it does not produce black and white. What is called "black and white" in the digital world is, most of the times, a "uncoloured" picture. An Italian proverb says: "Chi troppo abbraccia nulla stringe" and it can be translated into "Those who want too many things do not get anything..."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    What do you think it will be !!!

Wishful thinking. Kodak cannot even pay workers' pensions out, much less come up with the manufacturing of a new film.
    Move along, nothing to see here.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A new film? Heck, I would be eternally grateful to see no further shrinkage in EK's current offerings!

Shooter
    Large Format
    LOL i guess this thread is
    the converse of what is the next film to go poll

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I'd expect Kodak and Ilford to replace their current dual ranges of traditional and T-grain type films with just one range using the best of both technologies.

Ian
    what he said ...

right on ian !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    LOL i guess this thread is
    the converse of what is the next film to go poll

Brilliant, you get it!

what he said ...

right on ian !
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    In a few years, when The Impossible Project produces high quality instant film eroding the much coveted first position in the industry held by Fujifilm, Kodak will launch their line of instant photography material. I imagine the titles on the newspapers: "Kodak enters the instant film arena - Another threat for the already declining digital camera market?".

(don't wake me up).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak's totally new film in years.

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Yeah, the film type will either be 8-E-6, C-YA, or Been & Went
    Pretty funny!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    Well, that's the way it's been sold!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Verichrome pan in 122.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin