Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,869   Online: 1125

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for info. Unless 7dayshop expects to pick up a lot of business from those buying other stuff and then adding film it might be in for a rude awakening on Ilford sales. Of course it might be levelling the price playing field with free postage but at the prices quoted I suspect you could walk into a Jessops if there is one in the town you are in or shopping at and not pay more.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have never bought from 7 day shop, but checking their prices on HP5+ on multi buys, if you order 10 or more rolls then the price comes down to around £3.50 or their about's so their prices on multi buys are much cheaper, add in the free carriage,and they must still be very cheap, but I could never get goods from them in less than a week when they were based in Guernsey, our Sister Island, I always get from the U.K. but now even their return address is in the U.K, and not Guernsey, as it used to be, as regards Jessops, we don't have VAT in Jersey, we do have a 5% sales and goods tax, Roll of HP5 in local Jessops £ 4.44, needless to I order everything from the U.K., no vat on exports to Jersey, which is outside of the U.K and the E.U., and goods to the value of £250 can be imported from from anywhere tax free, it would be to expensive to collect it on under the £250, so it's win win for me
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    This company is based in the Channel Islands, and, although part of the UK they are self governing and not part of the EU. (very wise) There was a loophole in the VAT legislation which allowed packets with a value of no more than £18 to be sent to UK without incurring VAT. If the goods that were ordered were over £18 in value then the packets would be split into smaller values and sent that way. This has now been blocked by HM Government

(Response to a question by AGX -How could a company not charge VAT on domestic customers?)

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lurking from over the channel, this is all very interesting. Thanks to you all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin