Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,342   Online: 1128

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was looking for some of these a few years ago. All I could find were intended for wedding receptions, and nobody had a clue what was in them. I'm glad this is happening, I'll be sure to load up on them. Sure wish I could remember what I wanted them for...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You should try and get these in the supermarkets.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just sent the HP5+ version to my sister. Getting a bunch of these for her wedding would be fantastic and I could print the best images in my darkroom. THANK YOU
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just to give you an update, that they have now landed in the USA and those retailers that have ordered them should be getting them this week from our US distributor.

I have to say they have been a fantastic success around the world, and not even launched yet in the USA we have had to re-manufacture twice !!!

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited ;

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Given the experience many of us have with home-developing traditional B/W films, that we can process our own film to our own developer, concentration and agitation regimen, it makes sense that we should be permitted to open up these cameras ourselves and process at home. Also, for the US-based customer, shipping across the pond for processing would seem excessively expensive, especially given the potential market expectation for disposable cameras. I wonder if there's any plans by Ilford to at least offer US-based processing?

~Joe

Shooter
    35mm
    Why shouldn't you be able to process them yourself? The films inside are standard emulsions. If you open the camera carefully then you can probably even refill it. Probably you will need a darkroom for that though, as single-use cameras I've previously seen start with the film outside the cassette and wind it back in during use in order to avoid having to rewind the film at the end of the roll.

Shooter
    35mm
    Another note about the options for processing . . .

The reason for making one of the cameras with XP2 Super was probably that this is a C41 process emulsion and so can be processed at any cheap local colourprint lab without difficulty. The film also has no extreme base-colour (as the Kodak C41 b+w film did/does) so can be printed easily on normal b+w paper after you have the lab-prints.

In other words it is not necessary to choose the traditional HP5+ emulsion if it will be tricky to get it processed (say if you have thirty cameras after a wedding or something) - just use the XP2 Super instead.

Shooter
    127 Format
    If US buyers were allowed to ship them back to England for Ilford processing and true black and white printing that would be so great!
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    If US buyers were allowed to ship them back to England for Ilford processing and true black and white printing that would be so great!
    Theoretically can't you just ship them yourself with return postage inside or something?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is such a cool idea. Now I can try to infect many friends of mine with the analog photo bug.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin