Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,347   Online: 774

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How about the Rollei stuff:

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/rol...film-166-c.asp

I've used it, and liked it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the explanation, Simon. What you have said seems reasonable to me.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Simon for taking this request seriously and doing the research! The result is disappointing but not unexpected. I really appreciate your looking into it. I guess time came to learn emulsion coating...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Is that consistency really needed?
    Could not each batch offered as "special run", without spoiling the quality/consistency Ilford/Harman have built up?
    The market for this is likely to be small and as such, it might be possible to run it on their pilot run machine rather than the main coating machine.

However, it's their decision and it's good that they, and especially Simon, keep us informed. The reasons are very valid and similar to the reasons given a few years ago regarding the possibility of a Delta 25 film.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand, but still sad. I love IR film.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

A reply to a couple of points raised.

Using material from a PILOT coater, whilst volume is indeed small, it is purely preparation for coating on the production machine M14, since it is a very narrow coating you cannot then convert the film to to 35mm.

Consistency : I understand your point, the problem is that we manufacture to ISO 9001, whilst you could theoretically agree a 'new' process.... moving to a lab made emulsion ( micro production ) is not an option with an IR film.

Whilst 'post' coating we can ( and do ) do lots of very flexible processes, such as for custom manufacture for the annual ULF film run, coating of the original parent rolls is an 'industrial' size process and very difficult to 'adjust' either economically or without affecting quality regimes and waste levels.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Simon for getting back to us. Not what I wanted to hear, but do appreciate the time you and others at Harman/Ilford took to research this for its viability. It speaks volumes that you listen to your customers and at least consider their input, unlike many (I hesitate to say most) businesses in general today.

Oh and I shot my first roll of FP5+ last month. Good stuff - I like it better than the XP2 and Tri-X I've shot in the past. I'm primarily a color reversal shooter and never could get into B&W photography before but somehow this roll was different.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    People have stockpiled Efke IR820 film and are running off this.
    But Ilford should reconsider totally revamping their current IR film to a true IR film.
    This would be a clear improvement to their SFX film. I never ever gave Ilford SFX serious consideration.

BUT, I'm sure Ilford knows the market, and whatever they need to do to stay alive is OK with me! Seriously.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for feeding back to us Simon. A real shame but I am sure making sensible businesses decisions are why Ilford will be around for a long time.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin