Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,313   Online: 1094

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Bye bye Ektachrome 100D.......

Dont know what we are supposed to use instead of Ektachrome in our super8 cameras....
    I was hoping that e100D may have been around for some time in 35mm and respooled onto 35mm canisters for photographic use, but doesnt surprise me that they have discontinued it.
    Its not like you can project negative film through a projector, so im not sure what kodak expect us to do with vision3 stock in our cameras?
    Kodak have put their final nail in the coffin as far as im concerned.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reversal colour-film converted to Super-8 and Single-8 will still be available from small gauge suppliers as long as there will be reversal colour-film.

In Germany alone there are two independant companies that do such conversions, one of them even manufactures own cassettes.

There are still two manufacturers who manufacture E-6 film: Agfa and Fuji.
    Last edited by AgX; 12-16-2012 at 07:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nzoomed the vast majority of Super8 users already uses negative film, so as sad as this decision makes me it's a logical one no costumers no product it's that easy. The private Homemovie users are just too small a market to sustain the production of Ektachrome 100D. As AgX stated there are several suppliers of respooled Super 8 color reversal stock. Besides telecine isn't really that expensive anymore and you can do a lot more with the telecined stuff than the positive.

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the two solutions are Wittner Chrome 50D and Kahl UT 21. I'm guessing they are both re-spooled Velvia, 50 and 100 respectively but I suppose the latter may be Provia.

Cinevia are also re-spooling Velvia 50 into cassettes which read as ASA40: http://www.cinevia.eu/
    Last edited by perkeleellinen; 12-17-2012 at 05:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I think the two solutions are Wittner Chrome 100D and Kahl UT 21. I'm guessing they are both re-spooled Velvia but I suppose they may be Provia.
    Wittherchrome 100D is... well... Ektachrome 100D. But they also offer Velvia 100 (as well as a plethora of B&W options) and are looking into new/other materials - including a new reversal film option (no info on it yet available - expect to learn more about it in 2013). Super8 reversal is alive and kicking and far from dead - even though the volumes are too low for Kodak to bother anymore.

Shooter
    35mm
    sorry, I edited my post as you wrote yours, I think.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pro8mm still will be cutting down Fuji stock as far as I know.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you think it will be possible that Pro8mm will be able to cut down bulk stocks of (Agfa) Rollei digibase for s8?

That would be the closest thing to kodachrome. Im not a big fan of velvia myself.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ask them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Pro8mm still will be cutting down Fuji stock as far as I know.
    Pro8mm only cuts down Fuji negative stock, not reversal.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin