Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,513   Online: 845

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    If you follow American Cinematograoher, you will see in the atricles on some movies a few years back where the decison to use Fuji Print stock for wide release was made on teh basis of Price. Fuji did have some Unique stocks like a 500D where Kodak only had (several) 500T offerings. Last new Fuji stock I have seen talk about was the VIVID 160T. Aimed at Music Videos as an more forgiving way to get eye poping colour compaired to Ektachrome 100D - 5285/7285
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    R&D dollars did not filter down from any one source. In fact, even today the second biggest seller by EK and Fuji are their color papers.

PE
    Ron, Fujifilm is now producing much more RA-4 color paper (on a m² basis) then film. RA-4 demand has been much more stable than film demand (a very high volume of prints from digital files are printed on RA-4 by high volume labs like CeWe and Fuji Eurocolor; that compensates to a significant extent the lower demand from the film side). In some major markets they see even increasing demand for RA-4 products. That's why they continue R&D and introduce new papers. Like the silver-gelatin papers for photobooks introduced at Photokina (I've seen them there, excellent quality).

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Henning, you are correct on a footage bases, but due to the price of the MP films, and the price of the paper, you will find that the dollar value or volume of MP film is larger than that of paper. At least that is my current estimate.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Henning, you are correct on a footage bases, but due to the price of the MP films, and the price of the paper, you will find that the dollar value or volume of MP film is larger than that of paper. At least that is my current estimate.

PE
    Yes, I mean on a footage bases. Total output in m².
    RA-4 paper is indeed extremely cheap, that is right. Possible because of the very high production volume.
    Here in Germany you can get prints on RA-4 paper at the drugstore chains for only 1 Cent (!!).
    You can imagine that there is not much room for attractive margins at such extremely low prices.

Best regards,
    Henning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin