Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,717   Online: 787

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    my nearest pro lab that can process 35mm is 40mins, and bigger than than 120 film is almost 2 hours away
    i used to have 3 maybe .. 4 labs within 30-40mins now there is 1 prolab standing ..
    and who knows for how long ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here in Los Angeles/surrounding area we have a few "offerings" for professional film processing. Here's my preferences:

Icon LA
    Kodak chemicals for all film/print processing.
    E-6/C-41/BW all formats 35mm to 11x14 via dip-n-dunk
    www.iconla.com

Datachrome
    Kodak chemicals for everything.
    E-6 only 35mm->8x10. Small lab, but she(Rochelle Burch, owner/operator) does a wonderful job with my E-6 film!
    www.data-chrome.com
    (949) 863-0873

Samy's Santa Barbara
    Fuji chems for everything
    E-6 & C-41 35mm->8x10 via dip-n-dunk. B/W up to 4x5 is done in a Jobo IIRC...
    sbminilab@samys.com
    (805) 963-7269

cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In Boston, MA You can get same day service for all formats E-6 up to 8X10:
    Colortek (Downtown Bsoton)
    Color services (Needham)
    Dorian labs (Arlington, a bit far out)

I think they all do dip and dunk.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    With the discontinuance of kodaks E-6 family and the reduction in Fuji's equivalents, As a pro lab owner I am very curious so to what labs further afield are planning in the coming year? How many labs are still running E-6 in your area and how fast are their turn around times? do they process via drum, roller transport, or dip and dunk?
    While At current my Dip and Dunk line is healthy I am trying to speculate on 2013 and 2014 years of Operation and information on what other labs around the world are doing would be very handy.

Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab
    In Perth we still have two dip and dunk. Runnng three days a week. Giving Kodak the bird and moving to Fuji chemicals and reprofiling all their stuff for Fuji.

The big problem is the discontinuance of slide mounts for the mounting machines Kodak sold here. No 35mm slide mounting, theyre scouring the world for a solution!

Other problem is Ilford products have such slow delivery in Australia. Bernadette at Churchills says she often waits 5 months for a delivery chemicals and film etc to sell. So doesnt bother now.

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    In Boston, MA You can get same day service for all formats E-6 up to 8X10:
    Colortek (Downtown Bsoton)
    Color services (Needham)
    Dorian labs (Arlington, a bit far out)

I think they all do dip and dunk.
    wow, colortek is still alive ?
    i heard they went deep 6 about 8 years ago
    its good to see they are still around !

these 3 labs are the closest thing to me in RI to do anything bigger than 120 / 135 ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

E-6 Pro Labs Worlwide

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    wow, colortek is still alive ?
    i heard they went deep 6 about 8 years ago
    its good to see they are still around !

these 3 labs are the closest thing to me in RI to do anything bigger than 120 / 135 ...
    Hmmm good to know... Man I hope there's a get together soon in CT/MA/RI that would be nice to meet some of you guys

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well colortek is deep, underground that is in their basement level outfit across from south station. Maybe thays where they always were.

I remmeber the bad old days of renaissance behind the cemetery... man there was something going on there. There was another place i am forgetting now, in southern RI (if there even is such a thing at all), that is south of PVD, on 95, that did custom framing, printing and E-6. I figured they are still around.

Of course there is the japanese lab in NYC, but who wants to give any business to that awful city (great lab by the way), along with insudstrial color but they seem to no longer do any actual film stuff...
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I onc estoppedat a place in at a place in Bondi Beach australia, of all places that had a real dip and dunk machine. Granted that was in 2006, i am wondering if they are still around...?
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    I onc estoppedat a place in at a place in Bondi Beach australia, of all places that had a real dip and dunk machine. Granted that was in 2006, i am wondering if they are still around...?
    There is a lab at Bondi called Pix Photomedia that does C41 dip and dunk, but not E6.
    Mr Frizza, who started this thread, used to have his lab further up the hill on Bondi Rd around that time where he did E6 dip and dunk.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I still do E-6 dip and dunk im now in Norwest however I am not interested in which labs still do it. What I want to know from people using other labs is what the staff in these labs have indicated about the longevity of this service and what are other labs intentions to continue this process via dip and dunk into the distant future.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin