Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,406   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

E-6 Pro Labs Worlwide

With the discontinuance of kodaks E-6 family and the reduction in Fuji's equivalents, As a pro lab owner I am very curious so to what labs further afield are planning in the coming year? How many labs are still running E-6 in your area and how fast are their turn around times? do they process via drum, roller transport, or dip and dunk?
    While At current my Dip and Dunk line is healthy I am trying to speculate on 2013 and 2014 years of Operation and information on what other labs around the world are doing would be very handy.

Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My nearest lab is about 1500 km away as the crow flies (The Lab Vancouver). I send them my slide film and they do same day, dip and dunk. I'm not close enough to them to know about future plans but in Vancouver there are still a couple of labs offering the service.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    My nearest lab is about 1500 km away as the crow flies (The Lab Vancouver). I send them my slide film and they do same day, dip and dunk. I'm not close enough to them to know about future plans but in Vancouver there are still a couple of labs offering the service.
    CustomColor is also servicing the Vancouver market - up to 11 x 14: http://www.customcolorprolab.com/ind...d=46&Itemid=63
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two labs that I use, depending on how much I want to drive and what film I have. My closest, Jack's Camera, runs their RT E-6 once or twice a week, depending on demand. My other lab, Colourworks, runs their dip and dunk daily. Both labs are in the northeast US, near Philadelphia.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    35mm
    From India ->

My closest lab is also more than 1500 km away.. they do drum processing and do a same day service if and only if the volume of work sent + already piled up stuff calls for a run with fresh chemicals.. so not a rosy picture.. on an average turn around time is approximately 10 days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    'Blue Moon Camera & Machine' and 'Citizens Photo' both in Portland, OR, USA.
    Same day service for AM walk-ins, but I have to mail - 5 days total turnaround.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

E-6 Pro Labs Worlwide

Live in Connecticut, USA.

Seems my local lab will do 24 hour turnaround on 35mm E-6 but a WEEK turnaround on 120 and not even site about anything LF.

I don't know their process but the have "a guy" who does the 120. Heck even the B&W 120 can take up to a week :/

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    I use vision imagelab in redfern, sydney and they usually have a 2 hour turnaround w' dip'n'dunk. I was once lucky enough to drop off my film, venture to sydney uni for a 1 hour lecture and return to find my films ready. A quick turnaround for me at least is a luxury but needless to say the quality control must be there, which with vision i find to be very good.

i'm very much preaching to the converted but i do hope e6 stays alive in some shape or form.

btw Stephen, i just noticed you operate your lab in sydney as well. where exactly are you located?

Shooter
    35mm
    I had been using Dwayne's through the Wal-Mart send-out. Then Wal-Mart decided that for print film they would no longer return negatives; instead you got prints and a CD. I switched to Meijer, ,who also uses Fuji for their send-out, so Dwayne's was still getting the work. I'd been getting slides back in 10-12 days from Wal-Mart, but through Meijer it was taking 16 days. When Creve Coeur Camera opened in Springfield just a few miles from where I work, I started having them do the slides. They use a lab in St. Louis and I have my slides back in 4-5 working days, so about a week turnaround.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live in a city of about 750,000 here in Japan and I can get E-6 films (both 35mm and 120) done in 2-3 hours from a little mom and pop camera shop close to where I used to live downtown. I don't know what process they use, however, as my Japanese is limited, and of all the staff who work there (3-4), only one seems to know anything about the film or darkroom stuff (and he's not usually there).
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin