Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,551   Online: 776

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Roll your own 116/616 film?

Does anyone still offer 70mm film stock? I know Film for Classics used to supply 116/616 film and 122 film, but they don't seem to offer them anymore.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

roll your own 116/616 film?

I don't know if any new production of 70mm film is still happening. I do know that there are plenty of sellers on EBay that do. Some of it is relatively new stock but most of it is old and/or expired film.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I did make one roll of my own Agfa D6 or Kodak 116 film format. It was fun! Since last summer I bought few original Kodak Verichrome rolls in 116. http://www.flickr.com/photos/26983280@N00/8105850884/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That came out really well gorbas. What film stock did you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Hmm... I always thought 116/616 film was wider than the 120 sizes.
    It is - it is the same size as the wider, 70mm films.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    I don't know if any new production of 70mm film is still happening. I do know that there are plenty of sellers on EBay that do. Some of it is relatively new stock but most of it is old and/or expired film.

Hope this helps.

Doug
    You can get it from Agfa though in most cases probably at minimum order.

IlfordPhoto have announced a special run.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80 View Post
    Does anyone still offer 70mm film stock? I know Film for Classics used to supply 116/616 film and 122 film, but they don't seem to offer them anymore.

Thanks!
    hi chris

i gave up on rolling film stock, and roll paper instead. i just cut it into strips, and tape it end to end ..
    i leave it rolled for a day or so before i use it ... modern rc paper is thin and in certain lighting conditions
    is about asa 25 ... ( and some box cameras have a yellow filter built in ) so it is the best of both worlds ...

good luck !
    john
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    To make #116 format I used 70mm Kodak Double X Aerographic film 2405. They are the same width. Rolling your own with out slitting the film is easy.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin