Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,837   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, Fuji also introduced new cameras recently. (Variations of their Instax models.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I followed this up fearing the loss of the RF cameras (not that I could ever afford one), and eventually found myself on Fuji's Global site ... where the Film & Cameras product section mentions only instant and single-use cameras.
    (I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, just that it seems ridiculous to produce something so good and then not mention it)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fujifilm's web sites are APPALLING. Just awful in every sense of the word. Hell, they claim to still be making digital SLR's there, even though they stopped that 4-5 years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Fujifilm's web sites are APPALLING. Just awful in every sense of the word. Hell, they claim to still be making digital SLR's there, even though they stopped that 4-5 years ago.
    I would say Fuji's marketing and customer service in general is pretty damn appalling. I've never even heard of a Klasse W until I opened this thread. Now that I've looked it up I think it seems like a neat little camera (though rather crazy in price). I had no idea this thing ever even existed!!

Don't even get me started on the poor way they marketed the GF670/Bessa III. It is an amazing tool (I own one) but tracking it down and finding solid information on the internet about it was insane.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First of all, it is indeed very old news. Already discussed here on apug last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ajuk View Post
    http://photorumors.com/2012/08/07/fu...-film-cameras/

Fujifilm issued a press release that they will discontinue the production of the Natura Classica ($299), Klasse W ($559) and Clear Shot M compact film cameras.

I'm not sure if this means they still make any film cameras. This is a shame, I do hope that we haven't seen the last of Fuji coming out with new modern film cameras.
    Well blaming them is quite unfair, because

- e.g. the Klasse W and S cameras were introduced in 2006. At a time when lots of other camera manufacturers already had stopped the production of film cameras
    - when they introduced these models they clearly said its a limited series of 8000 cameras, offered in the Japanese market. Now this 8000 batch is sold, that's it.

Kudos to Fuji that they had offered these very fine cameras in the time of the digital tsunami. Any other film manufacturer who introduced such cameras in 2006? No.

If you really want to blame someone, blame the apuggers and members of other film forums.
    Because everytime if someone ask whether he should buy a brand new film based camera, then immediately dozens of forum members join in and say "don't buy a new camera, that would be idiotic, you can get it used so much cheaper....and so on".
    The same people are then complaining when manufacturers stop production.
    Without demand, they of course cannot keep production running.

How much new cameras have you bought recently?

Please don't blame me, I've bought three brand new ones. I've done my part to keep production of film based cameras running.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's sad to hear. Good news there is plenty of good used cameras left.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    ...If you really want to blame someone, blame the apuggers and members of other film forums.
    Because everytime if someone ask whether he should buy a brand new film based camera, then immediately dozens of forum members join in and say "don't buy a new camera, that would be idiotic, you can get it used so much cheaper....and so on".
    The same people are then complaining when manufacturers stop production...
    Thank you so much for posting that! The only used photographic equipment I've ever purchased consists of a few unique items that were no longer available new. In all other cases, I bought brand new things, waiting, if necessary until sufficient discretionary funds were available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    And how many people here have any of those three cameras?
    Well, no one replied to my earlier question above so I think we have our answer. NO one here owns one of these three cameras? I know they were mostly for the Japanese market but we have people who live in Japan as members. I have a Klasse-S but bought it used. Lament all you want but unless we buy actively these cameras just what do we expect?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    And how many people here have any of those three cameras?
    I used to have a Klasse S, and had a GF670 for a very short time. The GF670 is *outstanding*, but I had to send it back for a fault and ended up with something else in the end. The Klasse is a lovely compact camera, but my tastes have changed to more classic cameras, i.e. no motor winds, autofocus etc. But really, I'd be delighted to own either one again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thegman View Post
    I used to have a Klasse S, and had a GF670 for a very short time. The GF670 is *outstanding*, but I had to send it back for a fault and ended up with something else in the end. The Klasse is a lovely compact camera, but my tastes have changed to more classic cameras, i.e. no motor winds, autofocus etc. But really, I'd be delighted to own either one again.
    That's good. None of those are the discontinued ones posted by the OP: Natura Classica, Klasse W, and Clear Shot M.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin