Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,696   Online: 820

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    He is an ignorant idiot, and if his family has him meeting the public, it may run in the family
    An ignorant idiot? Runs in the family? Really? Considering all the aforementioned difficulties of carrying film in a mom and pop camera store and the pitiful returns on selling it, I'm surprised that the sheer disproportion of your remark did not occur to you before you hit the "submit reply" button. I find it perplexing... Perhaps you thought you were being insightful?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    He is an ignorant idiot
    Seen the discussion on Kodak's actual production at least here in Europe and the latest press releases indicating Kodak stock being substituted by another manufacturer, I would not blame any dealer to come to such conclusion.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the latest "statement" by Kodak about their production (jan. 8th):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkeQp...yer_detailpage

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does Kodak still make film? (Yes, they do)

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Did he then break into that marvellous song from "High Society" that goes: "Have you heard, it's in the stars, next July we collide with Mars"
    That song is "Well, Did You Evah!" by the immortal Cole Porter. Iggy Pop and Deborah Harry did a great remake of it on the charity 'Red, Hot + Blue' compilation in about 1991.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We would not have to guess or speculate if somebody from Kodak was willing to communicate at least 10% the way the Ilford does. How difficult or costly would be to have somebody from Kodak monitor forum like ours not even daily but 3 times per week and address all concerns? You can even create alerts using search engines which will notify you if your company name will be mentioned in certain context and react. It's just how they were and are doing business for many years. It is sad...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak hired people to post on social media. But as Apug is not considered to be a social medium...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    good point, yes they did

sample below:
    "What are some of your favorite winter sports? Do you take as many pictures as you do in the summer?

Remember your cold weather fun by making personalized photo products like photo books and collages at Kodak Picture Kiosk --> http://kodak.ly/findakiosk"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    An ignorant idiot? Runs in the family? Really? Considering all the aforementioned difficulties of carrying film in a mom and pop camera store and the pitiful returns on selling it, I'm surprised that the sheer disproportion of your remark did not occur to you before you hit the "submit reply" button. I find it perplexing... Perhaps you thought you were being insightful?
    I don't agree with name calling either but given that Kodak most assuredly IS still making film, his claim of knowledge to the contrary clearly does display ignorance, in the real meaning of the word if not necessarily the connotation it has acquired in more recent times. He is probably not anything remotely like an "idiot," I agree. But he wasn't accused of ignorance (nor idiocy) for not carrying film. THAT is very understandable. He was accused of those things for claiming that Kodak quit making film five years ago, which is clearly and emphatically incorrect.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodachrome is part of the problem. When Kodak announced they would stop making Kodachrome, it's amazing how many people inferred from that that Kodak was out of the film business entirely. I think there's still some ripple effect at work among the uninformed.

ETA: Granted, the shop employee in question should not be among the uninformed, but that's another matter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I don't agree with name calling either but given that Kodak most assuredly IS still making film, his claim of knowledge to the contrary clearly does display ignorance, in the real meaning of the word if not necessarily the connotation it has acquired in more recent times. He is probably not anything remotely like an "idiot," I agree. But he wasn't accused of ignorance (nor idiocy) for not carrying film. THAT is very understandable. He was accused of those things for claiming that Kodak quit making film five years ago, which is clearly and emphatically incorrect.

Wow. Thanks for parsing this dense text Roger.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin