Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,151   Online: 977

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

2013 ULF Manufacture From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

I have another request 46mm bulk roll film in HP5+ or FP4+? This can be used to hand re-roll into 127 roll film spools. Any chance?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes but it would need a minimum, I will publish that later.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    FP4+ film sheets in 18x24 centimeters format ??

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

The management of HARMAN technology Limited have once again approved the annual ULF run of ILFORD Photo film products :
    ( .....)
    We are happy to accept further size requests, although we are pretty sure we have most covered! If you make such a request please make sure you actually do order the product as in addition to the above we have 6 sets of ISO standard cutter guides ( that cost several hundreds of pounds each ) that have never been used as no actual orders were received.
    We thank all of you who order during the ULF run and thank you for valuing ILFORD Photo products.
    Simon.R.Galley ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Hello Simon,
    I'll support Ilford (see also: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...roll-film.html and http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...ml#post1474216).

And could Ilford please support me? I could use 18x24 cm sheets of FP4+ film (centimeters, not inches) for my old Russian FKD camera.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera-FKD-13x18-group.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	65663

Thank you!
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will put it on the list

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    I will put it on the list
    Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    Hi Simon,
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    Maybe I missed something, but how, where and when am I supposed to order?
    (I live in The Netherlands).
    Bert
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    127 Format
    I also would buy a 100 ft roll of 46mm, any style.

Very interested to learn what the minimum would be.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The list of our ULF re-seller partners will be published in April

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Simon, thanks. Going to need some 8x20 FP-4+

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Simon thanks!

...So 70mm but not perf? You referenced waste, isn't the only waste the punched emulsion "chads" ? Isn't the film production part the same between perf and non-perf?

Thanks for any clarification on that.

And thanks for being an awesome company!

~Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    As a possible extension of the Harman special sheet film production scheme, is there any interest in something similar in FP4/HP5 in 70mm perforated?

Having run it past the planners at Harman, they are prepared to cut it as a special order for Silverprint. We would have to order a minimum of 60 cans of 30 metres, in either film type, and keeping it priced as competitively as possible it would sell at £80.00 + VAT per roll. This price is not significantly more than the equivalent sq. metres in 35mm 30 metres, so Harman are being supportive here. We would take a chance in holding some stock, but would like around 60-70% of it covered with committed orders to go ahead.

When we first discussed it, Simon Galley estimated it would need a £20-30k order to kick it off - this then came down to 120 cans, so 60 cans is a big concession from Harman. So is there enough of a user base in 70mm to keep a regular supply of the format on tap, in very popular emulsions? We await the response with interest.

Hi Simon,
    Thank you for the thread. I left a message on your answer machine earlier today, then I realised that it would be more effective to contact to you via APUG.
    You have mentioned that Ilford is not interested in producing 70mm perforated film. Martin Reed at Silverprint wrote about this possibility four years ago. I talked to Martin recently. He said that that time he could not find enough photographers to order a small batch of just 60(!) 30m rolls.
    I was about to buy 10 150’ rolls of out-of-dated Kodak Double X (2405) from “that Canadian guy” and some Fujichrome Duplicating from Siverprint or Process Supplies in London (it gives surprisingly natural beautiful colour when C-41 processed), when noticed this thread.
    Simon, could you please explain what the “excessive waste” is, and why it is not viable to coat 70mm perforated. What is the bare minimum Ilford would be interested to produce?
    Also regarding 35mm. As I could not afford to shoot on photographic film at current prices, I bought recently two 400’ rolls of Kodak Double X (5222) movie film for £84 (+VAT) each. 400’ is equivalent of around 73 cartridges (36 exp.).
    Simon, are you able to sell 35mm film in cans of 400’ or 1000’?
    Thank you,
    Oleg

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If there is a possibility for 70mm perforated production I would certainly place an order. I have a ex-aerial panoramic camera that can consume 1-4'/sec of film. That adds up rather quickly! Depending, of course, on the price I would likely order a number (~5) 150' to 250' rolls.

Allan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin