Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,492   Online: 868

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

As you know I advised that we would release all the information relating to the 2013 ULF and Custom Film manufacture via a press release by the end of April.

Just to update you we are still working through with our distributor and reseller partners some details they need before we can release the details via press release, so its likely the press release will go out week beginning May 6th 2013.

I apologise for this short delay.

Regards

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Answered my question before I even had the chance to ask it! Thanks, Simon. You're a hero to many of us.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can you add me to the list for a 3-5/8" roll for respooling 122.

I might even get that old 3a Graphic overhauled if I knew I had what to feed it with.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Shalom,

Well you are lucky as we will be making 122 FORMAT roll film available in slittings ( in HP5+ only )
    on a purely technical point we make 122 FORMAT as being 3 and 1/4 wide 82.55mm.

One of the delays in issuing the item list to be manufactured is that it has grown to be our biggest ever offering in the ULF run with 62 different items.

These ULF and custom item lists are obviously being shared and worked on with our distributors and re-seller partners at this time so as they have all the information, including pricing that you will need when you place your orders.

The actual date we plan to release all the information via our website ( and on APUG ) is Friday 10th May ( one week today ) at 5.00pm UK time.

And finally.... for the large number of people who have PM emmed I CAN CONFIRM 70mm HP5+ ( roll film base ) will be available in 50 foot lengths UNPERFORATED and DOUBLE REFORATED.....alongside some other surprises.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Shalom,

Well you are lucky as we will be making 122 FORMAT roll film available in slittings ( in HP5+ only )

One of the delays in issuing the item list to be manufactured is that it has grown to be our biggest ever offering in the ULF run with 62 different items.

These ULF and custom item lists are obviously being shared and worked on with our distributors and re-seller partners at this time so as they have all the information, including pricing that you will need when you place your orders.

The actual date we plan to release all the information via our website ( and on APUG ) is Friday 10th May ( one week today ) at 5.00pm UK time.

And finally.... for the large number of people who have PM emmed I CAN CONFIRM 70mm HP5+ ( roll film base ) will be available in 50 foot lengths UNPERFORATED and DOUBLE REFORATED.....alongside some other surprises.

Yay!!!!!!!!

Thank you Simon!!!!

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Shalom,

Thank you Simon!!!!!!!! This is fantastic news!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WAAAAIT!!!!! Simon, the 122 format is 3 and 1/4 for IMAGE size. The film itself is 3.715" or about 94mm.
    I will PM you as well.

Eugene.

Dear Shalom,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by viridari View Post
    Note that she's with Kodak's third party ministry of propaganda (PR firm). This is spin control, not meaningful dialogue with someone from Kodak. They've outsource it.
    I just came across this today, and want to comment.

Yes, Colleen is PR. She states that clearly, and we all know that PR people have limitations in what they can say. She came on APUG and other photo forums after Kodak announced last year that they were selling the film business. Kodak's announcement was not well crafted, and created much confusion. She caught a lot of flack here for being a PR person, though she made it clear that her role was to communicate official word- to add clarity in a time in which confusion, rumor and speculation were rampant. She told us what was going on at the time, while cautioning that as she was with a PR firm, she was not privy to all the latest information from corporate. She was very direct and straightforward. Most of us were glad to have her here, as silence was all that had been coming from Kodak.
    She obviously is providing the "official word", and never obscured that fact. But she did not come here and to other photo forums to pass out peppy press releases, and she has not done that. She is not dispensing pabulum. She is PR, but she is not a PR hack. If nothing else, she deserves a respectful listen.

Colleen is well respected by people in the business. I want to quote Roger Hicks, a member here and elsewhere, who has published numerous photo books over the past 3 decades and is well known and well respected. This is what he said August 23, 2012 in Rangefinder Forum regarding Colleen after she went on there to explain what was going on:

"Colleen has yet to tell me anything that's not true, and I've known her for a fair few years. This is REALLY good inside information."

www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122946

In my opinion, if Roger Hicks says it, you can bank it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

I also find it EXTREMELY rude that I've NEVER seen you post anywhere before but decide to chime in on a competitors post. Particularly the one who DOES care about the customer and interacts and listens to us.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...-business.html

If you check her past posts, you will find most on that thread. Give her a break- she's trying to help.

Sorry for the interruption in the thread, Simon.
    Oh, and you guys rock.
    Last edited by lxdude; 05-04-2013 at 06:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...-business.html

If you check her past posts, you will find most on that thread. Give her a break- she's trying to help.

Sorry for the interruption in the thread, Simon.
    Oh, and you guys rock.
    It's over, that was a while ago there's no need to bring it up further I had never seen her post before that's all. I was wrong obviously, but I still think it's the wrong place to be posting, she should be posting when they make a new Kodak announcement like with this new event, but I haven't seen her start a post about that either. Others respect her info so I'll say no more.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin