Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,998   Online: 683

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast

Shooter
    127 Format
    Will 46mm be offered in FP4+ as well?

Iso 400 is too fast for most 127 cameras.

Fingers crossed
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Large Format
    I purchased a Kodak 3a the other day and some old 122 verichrome (for respooling) so I can buy some of the film from this special order. Large format in rolls? How cool is that?!

I'll also be getting a few boxes of FP4+ in 7x17. This will be my first time ordering from the ULF annual runs, and I can guarantee it won't be my last! Way to go Ilford! I'm located in South Korea and may be the only one ordering from your special runs. I preach the good news about ULF and large format, hope more will become interested. Long love film! Long live Ilford! May other companies learn from your model. Customer is always right. May you reap many benefits from it, Ilford.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Everyone :

Firstly on the 122 format we had made an error the film will be cut to 91.75mm ( the price will not change ).

Nothing has been left off the list. Whilst we appreciate some people would like FP4+ in the 127 and 122 we need to see how many we get just offering one film ( HP5+ ) if we do OK, then next year we will make it available in FP4+ as well.

120 Wrapper ( Backing paper ) is printed and finished ONLY to 120 size Sorry, it cannot be cut wider economically.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Hi Everyone :

Firstly on the 122 format we had made an error the film will be cut to 91.75mm ( the price will not change ).

Nothing has been left off the list. Whilst we appreciate some people would like FP4+ in the 127 and 122 we need to see how many we get just offering one film ( HP5+ ) if we do OK, then next year we will make it available in FP4+ as well.

120 Wrapper ( Backing paper ) is printed and finished ONLY to 120 size Sorry, it cannot be cut wider economically.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    You said "the price hasn't changed" but I just called one of the distributors on the list "freestyle photographic supplies" and they said you haven't given them prices yet, is that correct?

If so I'm sorry if you already said that and I missed it but I wanted to know how much before I decide how many to order haha.

Thanks.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Thank you Simon. We are all happy for what we can get.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post

If so I'm sorry if you already said that and I missed it but I wanted to know how much before I decide how many to order haha.

Thanks.

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just found out the cost of 70mm perforated ( http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/hp5...ted-3470-p.asp ). Well... I am affraid, I am to stick with out-of-date Kodak... Or, I should buy fresh HP-5 in 120 rolls as it would be almost 3 times cheaper! In 2009 Martin Reed mentioned completely different range of prices...

Shooter
    35mm
    I would expect that the price is set to cover costs, so really can't be fairly compared to outdated stock, or items that are made by automated machinery.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    127 Format
    That price for only 50 feet? Does each roll come with its own vampire attached?

Wow, it may end up difficult to meet the minimum of 20 rolls.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oleg-photo View Post
    I have just found out the cost of 70mm perforated ( http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/hp5...ted-3470-p.asp ). Well... I am affraid, I am to stick with out-of-date Kodak... Or, I should buy fresh HP-5 in 120 rolls as it would be almost 3 times cheaper! In 2009 Martin Reed mentioned completely different range of prices...
    I am in a similar situation - I have a 70mm back and was going to order a roll to support the ULF run, but at this price (220GBP=$340 for 50', which is about 18 rolls of 120; maybe it's slightly cheaper at other vendors?) there is no way I can justify it. I don't expect Ilford to sell it to me for less than it costs to make, but likewise I can't pay over 4x the price of 120.

For comparison, I'm buying fresh Rollei IR400 from macodirect for $87/100', which is nearly 8x cheaper. I am honestly surprised at that price differential.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am sorry for the second time quoting the same:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    As a possible extension of the Harman special sheet film production scheme, is there any interest in something similar in FP4/HP5 in 70mm perforated?

Having run it past the planners at Harman, they are prepared to cut it as a special order for Silverprint. We would have to order a minimum of 60 cans of 30 metres, in either film type, and keeping it priced as competitively as possible it would sell at £80.00 + VAT per roll. This price is not significantly more than the equivalent sq. metres in 35mm 30 metres, so Harman are being supportive here. We would take a chance in holding some stock, but would like around 60-70% of it covered with committed orders to go ahead.

When we first discussed it, Simon Galley estimated it would need a £20-30k order to kick it off - this then came down to 120 cans, so 60 cans is a big concession from Harman. So is there enough of a user base in 70mm to keep a regular supply of the format on tap, in very popular emulsions? We await the response with interest.
    Martin Reed at Silverprint had mentioned 2009 prices for 100' rolls. Was the technology and cost of silver so much cheaper that particular year?
    For comparison I'll quote from http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/Il...anchorTimeLine
    "1992. Ilford 100 Delta film announced at Photokina. The recommended guide price for a 36exposure cassette was £3.50p."
    The difference in price in 1992 and 2013 you can judge yourself...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin