Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,984   Online: 833

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes we did sort out a 70mm run for SILVERPRINT and the order was never made to the best of my knowledge as no one ordered it.

I fully appreciate the cost of all ULF and photographic products, the pricing is the absolute best we and and our partners can deliver. As I have shared with you many times, we make this once a year to try and keep the costs down and hopefully cover most of ours.

If you can find an alternative at a lower cost then thats fine, most of these items are offered and made as no one else makes them, the 70mm perfed and unperfed was requested and has been made available as promised.

Kind Regards,

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think I'll be limited to 2 boxes of 7x17 in FP4+ and am trying to decided whether I should do the roll of 122 or not in addition to the order.

I could get 5 boxes of 5x7 for the roughly the same price as 122, except 5x7 would be 125 images vs. roughly 90-100 images in 3.25 x 5.5 inches. I've got six weeks to decide. I really want to support this ULF run as much as I can. The 122 Film format really should be resurrected - hardly likely in this digital age, but we've seen a revival with 110 cameras. However, I doubt I'd do more than 15-16 rolls of 122 in a year with the rest of my large format work, so I might just give it a try. I hope there will be 19 others who will join in having this produced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon, I appreciate your effort to help us and I really want Ilford to continue to produce amazing films in the future. But please try to understand. The exotic formats you make are for artists, who probably do not shoot hundreds rolls a year and would buy a pack or two of sheet film for their experiments. But they do not make a lot of cash out of photography and even such small quantity for them is a small fortune. I am a former professional photographer who has no digital camera and my clients do not want me to switch to digital. In the past Fujifilm supplied me with film on a regular basis and I did not even monitor how much film cost. I left Big photography a few years ago, started to count film and realised that I could not afford to pay 5 pounds per roll shooting regularly. My last Fuji supply of 400 rolls of Neopan had almost finished and I found that 70mm film (perforated) could be the alternative to roll film. That time I read about the Silverprint/Ilford project and talked to Martin Reed. £96 (VAT inclusive) for 100’ (equivalent to about 40 rolls 120) sounded reasonable, and I thought that this time the price range would be similar.
    I simply cannot imagine who can afford that difference in price: £448 for the same quantity!
    I am really sorry, I cannot. I should learn instead that 4-5 pounds per 120 roll of FP-4/HP-5 is normal nowadays and shoot less than usually.
    Regards,
    Oleg Micheyev
    Last edited by oleg-photo; 05-14-2013 at 05:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Simon.

I haven't been able to call freestyle to get the US prices yet, but if they are as high as the UK I know even more people will complain.

SO in order to curb the complaints, I have a question. Is there a tier of rolls ordered that would bring the price down significantly? For example, 20 is the minimum, but what if 100 were ordered? Would the price be more reasonable?

Same goes for all the films, perhaps there's a general percentage that could be given at least for the roll films?

I was planning to order 122,127,70mm double perf, AND 70mm non-perf but now I'm concerned I wouldn't be able to order ANY.

So is there some kind of movement if the order gets larger?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm okay with these prices (not ideal, but at least the 122 rolls is under $200, whereas I've seen it for close to $250 at other places):
    http://www.ultrafineonline.com/il20ulfprhp4.html
    Still waiting on Freestyle Photo and MPEX to see how they compare.
    Re-rolling 122 film is looking more optimistic to me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Check out these prices!
    http://mpex.com/ilford-91-75m-x50-hp...mm-format.html
    Thank you MPEX!!!!!! I might actually order 2 rolls of HP5+ in 122!!!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With this link you see all the Ilford film sizes & prices at MPEX:
    http://mpex.com/film-cameras/film/la...nufacturer=161
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Smathers View Post
    Check out these prices!
    http://mpex.com/ilford-91-75m-x50-hp...mm-format.html
    Thank you MPEX!!!!!! I might actually order 2 rolls of HP5+ in 122!!!
    How did you search for that because I can't find 127 format anywhere on the site... Nor the 70mm stuff

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    How did you search for that because I can't find 127 format anywhere on the site... Nor the 70mm stuff

I've been looking everyday since Monday, including today and couldn't find it through the search. I had asked a representative about it a few days ago and he said it would be up the next day. Since I didn't see it today, I did a search with the Ilford product number that is listed on Ilford's ULF announcement. MPEX has the lowest prices on all the films so far. I've purchased 5x7 and 7x17 from them before and have it shipped to me in Korea. Very reasonable. 122 rolls for about $11.50 a piece.

Shooter
    127 Format
    The Ultrafine Online price for 46mmx50ft fits my budget. I will place my order.

Thanks Harman and Simon !
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin